*************************************************************************************

"Smackle" I exclaim as I walk into the restaurant and see my pregnant friend sitting in the booth. She stands up to greet me and I'm taken back by how large her belly had gotten. The last time I saw her was around my birthday almost two months ago which meant she was edging close to twenty weeks and you could tell without a doubt that she expecting. I throw my arms around her and we share a bright smile as we pull apart. "How are you?" I ask excitedly. "How's the baby?"

She giggles, placing her hand over her belly. "Growing every single day" she beams. "I'm getting so big now, it's honestly finally hitting me that I'm gonna me a mom in a few months."

"Iz you're gonna be an amazing mom" I assure her before looking back at the table and finding Farkle sitting there looking up at us with an amused smile on his lips. "And how is dad?" I ask playfully. He chuckles as we all finally file into the booth so as not to hold up the flow of customers in the restaurant.

Farkle smiles, wrapping his arm around Smackle's waist. "I'm perfect as long as she's perfect" he replies, gazing at her lovingly.

"You're nauseating" Josh insists making me nudge him in the side. He shrugs before turning his attention towards the door, clearly looking for the last few guests to make their appearance. Riley and Lucas are fist, trailing in slowly, clearly still giddy from whatever it was they were doing or discussing before they showed up at Josh's going away dinner. "You look happy" Josh comments as they take their seats.

"Well" Riley says, biting her lip as she looks back at her boyfriend giddily. "I agreed to go home with Lucas this summer" she exclaims. My eyes widen. This was a huge deal! I knew how nervous Riley was about meeting Lucas' parents but I knew it was the right thing to do. They were clearly meant to be, they just needed to stop being scared and go for it.

"That's awesome" Josh replies excitedly. "You should both come to my show in Dallas this summer" he adds and the three of them easily slip into a conversation about the show and whether or not Josh would be able to get them in backstage.

Smackle nudges me in the midst of the crazy. "Are you really okay with Josh leaving all summer?" she asks skeptically, clearly knowing me better than I know myself.

"I'm getting there" I reply nonchalantly. The last thing I needed was for her to force my secret out of me before I was ready to tell Josh. I was still going back and forth on how exactly I was planning to tell him I was spending the summer with him so I had yet to break the news.

"I just know how hard it'll be" she sighs. "I mean, I couldn't imagine being without Farkle for almost four months."

I nod in agreement. "We're working through it" I reply vaguely. I glance over my shoulder and I'm thankful when I see Sophie walk in with Max on her heels. "You're late" I tease as she takes her seat. She rolls her eyes, flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"Yea well we got a little carried away before we left his place" she explains making me crinkle my nose in disgust. While I was happy that Sophie had finally moved on from my boyfriend and found someone else, I still didn't need the details of their sex life.

"Too much information Soph" Josh insists, grabbing a menu and beginning to run his eyes over it, no doubt looking for a plain cheeseburger.

"Whatever" she waves off. "So, how is this going away party going?" she asks curiously. Josh shrugs, looking down at me briefly before clearing his throat and shifting his gaze back onto Sophie.

"It's fine" he says nonchalantly. Admittedly I was beginning to feel bad that he actually thought he would be spending the entire summer without me when in fact we'd be together the entire time but I couldn't bring myself to ruin the surprise, not when he always plans the most over the top, romantic gestures for me.

"I'm gonna go get a little air" I say, slipping out of the booth and making my way towards the door. I walk outside and take a deep breath, fighting to keep the secret inside when the door opens and Sophie walks out.

"I have a couple ideas as to what could be going on with you so would you like me to name them all and you pick or do you just wanna cut the bullshit and tell me what's up?"

I turn to face her and bring my bottom lip between my teeth. "Do you promise not to tell Josh?" I ask hopefully. She nods her head.

"Yes but if you're pregnant then you better tell him because I'll kick your ass if you don't."

I chuckle, shaking my head. "Why does everyone keep guessing that?" I ask confusedly. "I'm not pregnant but I am keeping a secret from Josh."

"Okay" she says, raising an eyebrow at me. "What?"

"I'm going with all of you this summer."

Her eyes widen and I swear she actually shrieks. "Oh my god" she exclaims. "Maya that's amazing! Why don't you tell him? He's going to freak the fuck out! Oh my god we totally have to go shopping and I have to make us nail appointments and oh my goodness you could even sing or dance in the background-oh my god Bridget is going to have a field day."

I laugh, shaking my head in amusement at my friend. "Hey Soph, breathe babe" I tease. She takes a deep breath but the smile is still bright on her face.

"Sorry" she breathes out. "I'm just excited and confused. Why don't you want Josh to know?" she asks confusedly.

"It's not that I don't want him to know" I argue. "It's that I want to tell him in a special way. He deserves a big gesture...I just don't know what I want that gesture to be quite yet."

She smiles. "Well then you've come to the right girl because I know just the way to tell him."

*************************************************************************************

"Was everything alright with you tonight?" Josh asks while we lie in bed later that night. I glance over at him and nod my head.

"Everything was fine...it's just the secret I'm keeping is starting to dance a little close to my lips" I admit with a chuckle. "And I want to tell you in the perfect way so I just needed to collect myself before I just blurted it out."

He raises a skeptical eyebrow at me. "Are you sure that's all it was?"

I nod, rolling over onto my side and caressing his cheek. "I promise that's all it was. I wouldn't lie to you babe."

"Just keep things from me" he reminds me teasingly. I laugh, nodding my head.

"Precisely" I smirk, leaning in to peck his lips. "Now can we get some sleep, because I'm exhausted and we have a big day tomorrow."

"My last day" he murmurs, burying his face in my neck. "Sing with me tomorrow?"

I look down at him and I know I can't deny him this so I nod. "Anything for you" I mutter before leaning back in to kiss him.