"You need to be ready." She sighed, looking at you.

"W-why?"

"Bum...Bum is..."

"Bum is about to go away."

"W-what? " You said, covering your mouth, feeling tears burn your eyes.

"W-what are you saying?!"

"Bum is about to die." She said flatly.

"..."

"..."

Silence. A deafening silence filled the air. You were leaning at the table, waiting for your mind to process everything.

"But you said! But you said creatures like him live for nine years! It's...It's merely three years!"

"Yes..but do remember when I asked you where you found him? Y/n, you weren't the one to raise him; there was a previous owner before you. Maybe he lived for 6 or 7 years with them...I'm sorry, but you have to learn to let him go." She said, leaving.

...

You were both eating dinner as Bum noticed you with a dead blank stare at nothing.

"Master...are you okay?"

"..no"

"W-What's bothering you?"

"Did you know?"

"..."

"Bum. Did you know?"

"..yes"

"Why didn't you tell me?!" You said, standing up and banging your hands on the table.

"I-I..." He started, looking down with tears welling up his eyes.

You couldn't hold in the tears any longer, you walked towards him and hugged him tightly, burying your face on the crook of his neck.

"Bum...I don't want to lose you, please don't go just yet,"  You begged, hugging him tighter.

"Please stay a little longer...I need you, Bum. I can't lose you. You m-mean so much to me. I love you so much. Please stay...," You confessed with your lips quivering as hot torrents of grief coursed down your face.

"I-I love you too...I'm sorry..." He stated as tears spilled over the sides of his eyes while hugging you tightly.

"Bum, I wish..."

It was as though Aphrodite heard you when you woke up this morning with Bum lightly shaking your shoulder.

"What is it..?"

"Master! I have legs! I think I became...human.."

"H-huh..?"

"No! It's real!" Bum said taking your hand and making you touch his knee.

"..."

"Bum..remember everything I said yesterday?"

He just nodded.

"They're all true. I love you..."  You slowly leaned in and connected your lips with his.
......................................................................

An: Yeah, I know I change the whole lifespan thing..but heh it's for the sake of the story.

I did a little research about nagas and found out that their life expectancy is actually higher than humans. (60-70, while humans are 50-60) However, I could be wrong since I searched again and said that an average human's lifespan is 79yrs.

Bottom line is: WE CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG just for the story to go on. So instead of putting a Naga's lifespan there, I just put a regular snake's lifespan, and that is 9yrs.

Originally this had a sad ending, but nah- lol I cAN'T