"So...that's why he didn't give you a name?"

"Y-yes...that's one reason.."

"Okay...uhm,"  you stated and smiled as nothing happened.

"..."

"Let's think of a name then."

"O-okay.." He says, looking down again.

"Hmm.. let's see...Ah! I got it!" You sat on the side of the bed, using your index finger and thumb to touch his chin and make him look up at you.

"I'll call you...Bum." His eyes lit up at his 'new' name.

"Do you like it?"

"Y-yes! Thank you...master."

You looked at him funny and removed your thumb and index finger down.

" 'Master'? You don't have to call me that. I don't want you to feel like a slave. You can call me...Y/n."

"Okay, master-I mean Y/n." He says, avoiding your gaze.

You touched his hair-'so soft'- and made your way down his cheek, he seemed to like it though.

"It's okay; you can call me anything you want." He nodded and looked at you.

For a moment, when you caught a glimpse of his coal-black eyes, you just wanted to look at them. However, when he noticed your staring, he became bashful and looked away.

"Bum," You said, gaining his attention.

"Y-yes master? Is there something wrong."

"Oh, no. There's nothing wrong. It's just...your eyes.."

"..."

"They're so beautiful hehe. Goodnight." You then turned off the lights, leaving just the lamps to light the room.

"Goodnight to you too...master,"  he said quietly, closing his eyes.

"Sleep tight,"  you whispered, giving him a light kiss on the forehead before you left.

Of course, just like any other person with a pet, you need to take them to a vet once in a while. It scared you when you saw some skin on the floor, but you then realized that's it's normal for nagas since they're half snake.

However, you noticed that Bum's sleep schedule has changed, and this has been happening for a couple of weeks now. Usually, he was the one that wakes you up, but now he wakes up late and is often down and not as cheerful as before. This change of behavior bothered you. You went up to his room and sat at the edge, then touched his forehead to check if he was sick. His temperature was normal, so you consulted a vet about it.

You waited for him to wake up to tell him about his check-up.

"You'll be having a check-up today, alright?"

"Okay." He said, sitting up.

...

After she checked Bum, she looked at you and placed a hand on your shoulder.

"I-is there something wrong with him?? Is he sick?" You asked worriedly

"Y/n...It's okay. This is normal. " You sighed in relief. Then she leads you out of the room.

"However..." This made your heart beat faster, usually 'however's are worse

"Y-yes..?"