Pretty Boy Wants Something

"Saved by the bell huh, pretty boy?"I say when we get back to our floor.

"Stop calling me that." He looks aggravated.

How adorable.

"Uh oh, pretty boy didn't have things go his way." I make a fake pouty face.

This catches his attention.

"What do you mean? I wasn't trying to do anything."

"You were expecting to get some kind of dirt on the Capitol or something. Well I have some news for you, Wilson." I inch my face closer to his. "That's not how it works."

"I know that."

"I wasn't sure if Victor's Village inhabitants were aware."

"Why do you think I live in the Victor's Village?"

"Well, you said you didn't believe I was from the Seam. So if you were from there, you would know what Seam girls like like. Because that's what I look like."

"I am from the Seam. You're just so beau-"

I pull my knife from the concealed pocket in my dress. I sewed it on last night.

"Don't say it."

He smirks. "Say what? That you're beautifu-"

I press my fist against his windpipe and set my knife to his chest.

"You think I'm kidding?"

"Not at all. But neither am I."

In a second he has me pinned to the floor with his own knife in hand.

"I could kill you in a second."

I raise up my dagger in response. He laughs and knocks it just out of my reach.        

"Hmm.." He slowly outlines my heart with the tip of his knife. "Maybe I should go ahead and kill you. But first, I need something from you." He leans down and puts his mouth to my ear, therefore slackening his grip on me. He's about to whisper something, but I'm not going to let him say whatever he needs to.

I kick him off of me and grab my knife, then put my heel on his chest.

"Pretty boys don't always get their way. And that's something you're going to have to learn real quick."