First Impressions

Castiel was not at all pleased with having to move. His parents had gotten a divorce and his father was kicked out of the house. After several heated words in court, his father got full custody. But his mother got to keep the house. So now Castiel had to go to another high school, B. L. Zelbub. Now he has to try and make new friends, like he had many to begin with. He walked into home room and sat at his assigned seat. The girl he was sitting next to smiled at him.
"Hey. You must be Castiel. The new kid." Castiel looked at her uncomfortably.
"Yes. That's me."
"Nice to meet you. I'm Pamela." She held out her hand, Castiel shaking it reluctantly.
"Nice to meet you as well." He mumbled.
"Family problems?" Castiel looked at her with a slightly surprised expression.
"What are you, psychic?"
"Almost. Let me guess, divorce?"
"How are you doing that?"
"Come on, Cassie. You're an open book, and I love reading."
"It's Castiel." He corrected.
"Sure it is. Never heard of a nickname? It's Castiel Novak, right?" Castiel nodded. "Novak. I've heard that name."
"My father is a well known businessman. The...toy business."
"Your dad is Jimmy Novak of Novak Toys?"
"Yes. He was. He doesn't do that anymore." He muttered.
"The toy business. That's gotta be...creative. What made him stop?"
"The divorce. He got all of his inspiration from my mother, Amelia. After the divorce, he just...stopped being inspired." He had such a sad look on his face.
"I'm so sorry." Soon, class began, and the teacher, Mr. Shurly, began rambling on about physics or something. Pamela slid a small piece of paper to him with her phone number on it. It also said, "Let's Talk Later". Castiel smiled at her and put the paper in his pocket. At least he managed to make one friend.
He was walking to his next class when he bumped into someone.
"Hey! Watch where you're going!" He had a thick British accent.
"I'm sorry." Castiel mumbled.
"What was that? I don't speak dickhead."
"Then how is it you understand yourself?" A new voice called. Castiel looked at him. He had no idea who it was.
"Well, well. If it isn't the biggest jock I've ever seen standing up for the little dork."
"Bite me, Crowley."
"Well, that really put me in my place. Fine, I'm off. As they say, bigger fish." And he walked away. The stranger looked at Castiel.
"Hey, man, you alright?"
"Yes, I'm fine."
"I'm Dean Winchester. And you are?"
"Castiel Novak."
"Novak? Like the toy guy?" Castiel sighed.
"Yes. I should go. I have class."
"Right. Well, see you around, Cas."
"It's Castiel."
"Sure." Dean smiled a bit and walked away. Castiel walked in the opposite direction. He wasn't too sure about this Winchester. Sure, he seemed nice, and he just saved him from Crowley, or whatever his name was. But he still wasn't sure.