seven

sunday
my head had been buried in my pillow for days. no one came into my room.
i exited to use the bathroom and to get food, but no other reason. when i was out, emily didn't talk to me. she knew i wouldn't want to talk anyways.
emily was taking her break up very harsh. i guess i was too.
except emily had to get all of her things in the mail from their house in maryland, gradually she was repeatedly getting memories of ben and her together.
two small knocks came onto the door.
"i don't wanna talk emily." i sighed picking at my fingernails.
"annie, it's about mom. i'm coming in." emily came through my door and closed it behind her. i felt the bed tilt slightly as she sat down. "annie, mom found someone in arizona. she's going to stay. and dad is moving to georgia with his other family."
"what? where does that leave us?" i squirmed. my voice was cracking due to not speaking for a few days. "they can't just leave us can they?"
"actually, they can. legally, i'm an adult and can take care of you. mom gave us a loan of money." emily looked at the ground. she seemed so betrayed. mainly from dad.
"i'm sorry emily. we'll figure this out. i love you." i hugged her from the side.
"i love you too kiddo."
johnnys pov
i heard a message go off on my phone. i quickly grabbed my phone out of my pocket.
i hated myself for getting my hopes up that it was annie.
she wouldn't text me.
she hates me. i hurt her.
"johnny you need to detach yourself from her. you hurt her, she needs time to forgive you. not to mention her family life right now. just give her time to cool down. but don't be pissed if she doesn't forgive you. you messed up." lauren spoke from beside me.
"i know i messed up. no need to remind me." i snarled back at her.
ever since annie stopped talking to me, i've been drinking. a lot.
i want to get my mind off the situation.
lauren reminded me that it was wrong and took all of the beer out of the fridge.
i wasn't drunk, i was just hung over.
"jesus dude. i was only giving you advice. so much for being caring." she slammed the door behind her and i immediately regretted talking to her that way.
i hated being rude to her, but annie is a touchy subject.
annies pov
monday
i pulled my hair back into a slick ponytail, looking at myself in the mirror.
my outfit of choice was a black hoodie with ripped jeans. nothing fancy.
i was trying to draw the least amount of attention to myself today. i'm coming back unannounced.
brynn, kenzie, and lauren don't know i'm coming.
johnny doesn't know i'm coming.
hell, even emily doesn't know, but i'll tell her when i go.
i slipped the last of my books into my bag and rushed down the stairs to grab something to eat.
"where are you going?" emily questioned making her coffee.
"school. i'm missing way to many assignments and it's to hard to do them at home." i sighed grabbing a protein drink out of the fridge.
"okay, call me if you need anything." she waved me goodbye as i made my way out the front door and into my car.
-
when i got to school, i threw my head back on the seat.
i'm not ready for this.
i'm not ready to see him. not yet.
i shook myself out of my thoughts and grabbed my bag from the passenger seat beside me.
i exited my car and walked into the building.
the eyes of the whole school burned on every place on my body. i tried my best to not make eye contact with anyone, by staring at the ground until i reached my locker.
"annie?" i heard from a few familiar voices behind me. i turned around to lauren, kenz, and brynn.
"hi" i half smiled at my best friends.
"you didn't tell us you were coming back!" brynn hugged me, but she was soon joined by the others too.
"i didn't know either. not until yesterday." i smiled.
"i'm so happy you're back anns!" kenzie grinned at me.
"me too. but i should get to class. i don't wanna be late on my first day back."
"okay." they all say. i turned around and i saw the football team. i trembled at the sight of johnny. he looked upset, he had bags under his eyes, and his hair was in knots.
i didn't realize i had stopped walking until he looked up from the ground, and his gorgeous green eyes met mine. his facial expression changed as soon as he saw me. his eyes became wide as he watched me closely.
"annie come on. let's go." lauren grabbed my hand and pulled me slightly.
"o-okay." i stuttered still staring at johnnys rock hard expression. i could see his eyes begin to water.
"annie, let's go." kenzie waved her hand in front of my face.
"s-sorry." i followed them into the math room, trying to comprehend why johnny was crying. he was the one who ruined us. he broke me. why is he upset?
-
i sat down at my lunch table and began to eat my salad.
"hey annie?" lauren tapped my shoulder.
"huh?" i mumbled because of the food in my mouth.
"so since we have a four day weekend, and since it's thanksgiving, our group is going camping. and you're back in school now, so we were wondering if you wanted to come?" lauren questioned with a giddy smile on her face.
"i'd have to ask emily, but i'm sure she'll be okay with it." i grinned at my plate taking a bite of my carrot.
"yay! but what about your parents?" kenzie added.
"they don't live with me and emily anymore. it's just us." i think that's the first time i told someone.
"oh." kenzies smile faded as she awkwardly picked at her food.
"anyways, we're taking two cars down. you'll be with brynn, joey, and johnny." i couldn't help but flinch at his name, and i think lauren noticed. "oh my god i'm sorry i didn't realize johnny was still in your car. we were planning this before when you and johnny were-"
"together. i know. it's okay. you know we'll have to face each other eventually."
"how did you say that so calmly? earlier you were a mess just looking at him." brynn opened her eyes wide in my direction.
"i guess i just know i'll have to see him around school, and we were like best friends. we'll work this out. we just won't be in a relationship. i'm tough enough to deal with seeing him around." i shrugged trying to look like it didn't matter to me.
it did.

ahahah sorry i haven't updated in a while i had to help at horse camp. it was fun bc all the little kids were asking me how i broke my ankle and i told them that i fell off while i was jumping and now none of them want to jump hahah.
a great role model😶