sadness

Sumi blinks rapidly, forcing the color to fade.

When her eyes went back to normal, she looks over to Ara deep in thought.

Sumi shook her.

"What's wrong with you?"

"did your heart flutter sweet Sumi?" Ara asks, smugly smiling.

Sumi was indeed caught off guard.

"w-what no, i mean, yeah, but only because i was surprised" Sumi says. 

"Donghyuck's eyes were als-" Ara almost finishes but the bell cuts her off. 

"Hey sweets! how was school?" was the first thing Sumi heard as soon as she came in. 

Sumi recalled her day, her eyes changed colors twice then Hyuck beat her score by half a point. 

"eventful" she replies walking to her room, but stopped 

"do me a favor and go to the convenience store please?" her mother says and she internally groans but smiles nonetheless so she doesn't look like a brat. 

she could only imagine her aesthetically set bed calling her name. 

Walking out the door, everything seemed pleasant and she was glad she didn't decline her mom's request. 

cloudy skies and pretty boys, her favorite ! 

coming out of the convenience store, everything changed. 

It felt beyond weird. 

she suddenly felt sad. 

the sun didn't shine bright, the sky wasn't cloudy neither were boys pretty to her. 

'what just happened'

-

"Im home" she says, only above a whisper. 

"Oh finally my peppermint tea--Sumi your eyes!!" her mother exclaimed and Sumi panicked. 

"Oh my god how long has this been happening?" She asks, smiling 

she knew what's happening to Sumi, after all she did experience the same. 

Sumi thought it's better not to hide it 

"Today? it's starting to get annoying" she says. 

"Do you feel sad now?" her mom asks and Sumi gasps 

"how did you know?" she asks and her mom chuckles

" Your father is my soulmate Sumi" She says and Sumi scoffs. 

"soulmates don't exist--" 

"then how do you explain your eye changing colors?" 

Sumi tries to come up with something

"i dont know god playing" She says. 

"sadness is the strongest feeling and according to your metallic color, your soulmate is most likely dejected" Her mom tries explaining. 

"what would his color be then?" Sumi asks but regrets right after because she was starting to believing in this

"grey, only because you feel sad and he's experiencing sadness" her mom says but Sumi was not having it. 

"I can't, my daughter has a soulmate!!" She exclaims, smiling. 

"please stop no, i have no soulmate"

Sumi was totally in denial, totally.