Nerve Wracking Meetings

Start from the beginning

This made her ease up a bit but she still felt the nerves. She held onto him so tight. She had no idea why she did that but she did.

One thing she was sure of is that she already met one of Matteo's friends, Ámbar. The only thing was that she didn't know about them being a couple yet and Luna was mostly scared about her reaction. From what she saw from her, she didn't come off as a friendly type. Plus, she's his ex-girlfriend which will make it harder for her. But she put on a brave face anyway. Now, they were walking into Jam & Roller together and Luna remained impressed by the place. She only has been here once because she didn't want to risk anyone finding out about them until now. Matteo admired Luna's reaction to the place, it was the most adorable thing and it distracted him from what's about to come, even if it was just for a minute. They both took a deep breath and walked into the cafeteria.

The first one to approach them was a dark haired guy who seemed to be part of the popular kids, Luna could see it by the way he was dressed. He approached the two with a huge smile on his face and started: "So who is this?" he looked straight at Matteo and gave him a sneaky smirk when he saw that they were holding hands. 

"Gastón this is Luna, my girlfriend and Luna, this is Gastón, my best friend." Matteo answered.

"It's really nice to meet you." he held out his hand and Luna shook it. Gastón's smirk got wider once he heard the name. He gave his best friend a look saying they need to talk afterwards. 

"You too." this meeting seemed to ease her nerves.

Slowly, they went by every person one by one so Luna could be introduced to everyone Matteo knew. Everyone was reacting positive on the news of him having a girlfriend. They were all happy for him and Luna definitely didn't expect this. She slowly started to be her bright and energetic self with everyone else and her boyfriend was glad to see that change in attitude.

However, there was one person who wasn't there and it was Ámbar. She wasn't here when they arrived and she was nowhere to be seen, not even on the rink and this got Matteo worried but he decided to ignore this for now. He was just happy to be in this moment, talking to his friends with his arm wrapped around his girlfriend and it was the most natural thing for them, like this was always supposed to be like this.

They talked to his friends for the rest of the day and asked a lot of questions about her but she didn't mind, he was the one who answered the most questions. He always talked about her in a a state of admiration and this look fitted Matteo well according to Luna.

It was time to head home for Luna, she had to eat dinner with her family. Surprisingly, Luna asked Matteo to come along. After an entire day of talking to his friends, she was finally ready to introduce him to her best friend from Mexico and her parents. He was a bit scared and now it was her turn to ensure him that everything will be alright. 

He was still nervous anyway, this was a big step to take but he knew that both of them were ready for it even if it's scary in the beginning. This also gave them the chance to talk to Ámbar since she lives in the same house as her and she also needed to be home for dinner. 

Luna and Matteo took the staff entrance that immediately went into the kitchen. They were walking hand in hand, it was a way for them to find support into each other. That's what they really needed at the moment. 

Monica and Miguel were putting the plates on the table and were laughing about a joke one of them made a few seconds before. They were surprised to see Matteo and Luna standing there in the doorway. She didn't tell them he would come as well. 

"Hello." it was the only thing her dad could say.

"Dad, mom. This is Matteo, my boyfriend. Matteo, these are my parents, Monica and Miguel." she said and after that, there was an awkward silence. 

"Luna, we have only been here for a few days, how could you already have a boyfriend?" her mom finally asked.

"I actually already knew him before we got to Buenos Aires." she admitted shyly and right at that moment, Simón walked into the room. He had no idea what was going on. "Mom, I already told you about him." she said. Matteo didn't know what to say and just stood there on the sideline, just like Luna's best friend. 

It finally hit Monica and she smiled. "It's nice to finally meet you." she eventually said. Miguel was lost and Monica told him: "I will explain later."

This got her dad out of the trance he was in at first. "Sure, why don't you sit down and I'll get you a plate." 

"I'm Simón, by the way, I'm Luna's best friend." he finally introduced himself.

"My name is Matteo." they shook each other's hand and they all went to sit down at the kitchen table.

It was a pretty silent dinner, nobody knew what to say. But Luna desperately wanted the ice to break between Matteo and her parents so she tried to praise him as much as possible: "Did you know that Matteo skates as well?" she started.

"I didn't. How long have you been skating?" her mom asked.

"A few years." He answered as politely as possible.

"So you know a lot?" Simón meddled into the conversation. "Maybe you can teach Luna some moves. She's been wanting to improve her skating but she hasn't been able to yet. Maybe you could help." 

"That sounds amazing, we should totally do that." Luna said as her smile got bigger.

With this conversation, the ice was broken and everyone relaxed. They talked about a lot of things and her parents even asked different things to Matteo about himself. The only thing they avoided talking about was how they met. It was hard for them to explain even though Luna knows perfectly well that her mom and dad met in the same way but no matter what, it still sounded a little crazy. They still can't believe it themselves but they didn't think of that, they just wanted to live in the moment and see where live takes them, step by step.

It was time for both Simón and Matteo to leave. As her parents cleared the table, she went with the guys to wish them goodnight. First she said goodnight to Simón and promised they'd see each other again soon.

The last one Luna had to say good night was Matteo. They went to the fence so they could have a moment alone since they've never been really alone this entire day.

Matteo turned around when they reached the fence and Luna saw a smile forming on his face under the moonlight. It was honestly the most beautiful thing she's ever seen, no doubt. The same went for Matteo, that look of love in his eyes reflected into hers and she had this huge smile on her face and he's never seen anything more gorgeous than the sight of her under the moonlight. They stared at each other for a while until they eventually leaned in for a kiss. His hands on her cheeks and her arms around his neck. They wanted the kiss to last but they know they couldn't so they pulled away at the same time. Before he left, he gave her a kiss on her forehead and booped her nose. He thought it was cute and it really was. 

As Matteo left the lawn, she looked after him and admired the sight and took it in one last time. She had to go to bed now, knowing very well that her dreams are no longer dreams but reality and it made her the most happiest ever.

Unfortunately, this wouldn't last forever, at least, it didn't seem like it because sometime later, she received news that could change their current situation forever.