m; chapter 9

[margo's chapter]

x

CECILY IS A PRETTY quiet person. She doesn't talk unless she's being spoken too. It's a shame because I can imagine someone like her chatting away for days.
   In the silence I remember yesterday's chat. The one where I was a bit of a dickhead and told her to google me and Nina...I wonder if she did that.

Of course Cecily did that.

   She does everything I say. I feel bad but I guess it's her job...to assist me and the other band members. At least I wasn't the one to employ her...but I'm gonna somehow give her a raise when the time comes. She has been here for less than a day and has got all of our paperwork done...and keeper us from dehydrating.
   "Did you google...Nina then?" I cut the me part out because I don't want to seem biased.
   "Was that article true?" I shrug.
   "What article are you implying first?" I ask while making Nina literal chocolate milkshake. I know she a going to kill me but it's honestly worth it.
   "This one?" With that, like Cecily is prepared, she grabs the phone out of her pocket and shows me the article.

Instantly I shrug.

   "They got everything right on Nina's behalf. Except the rumours aren't rumours." She needs to know. I think this woman can keep a secret or two. She's reliable...pretty sure the last time I checked 'reliable' people are trust worthy
   "I thought that too." Cecily innocently smiles as I get a little confused.
   So like the dickhead I am I point towards her with a half smile on my face. "Like the rumours aren't rumours because they're true. She's engaged and...she pregnant." For a split second Cecily stops making the drinks and looks at me dead in the eye.
   "O-oh-" She stutters out as I shake my head. It isn't a big deal that she didn't know. "I've got to stop being you a shock. Ain't I?" I joke to lighten the mood. Of course Cecily agrees while her face is pale white.
   "Is everything okay?" I ask.
    Cecily nods her head and forcefully smiles. "Congratulations...about the baby. Do you know if it's a boy or girl yet?" I shake my head, although the scan is shortly approaching pretty fast. I think she needs to be at least fifteen weeks for it?
"We will do in two weeks...but yeah. I guess why Nina hasn't been more than temperamental lately? The mood swings and being hormonal..."
   "You must be excited?" Admittedly I nod my head.
   "I mean...she's twelve weeks and already complaining about...everything. We got another third something...right?" I shrug my shoulders back. I know I must listen to podcast about new fathers and shit but at the moment I have no time.
   "Something like that...yeah." Cecily nods her head as I pick up Nina's glass.
    I go to walk out of the room but she call my name. "Yeah?" I turn around again as Cecily cringes.
   "Beau...from your management called up to say he has a tour schedule. I saw a glimpse of it transferring emails to everyone...are you sure you want to be on tour when Nina is going to be in her third trimester?" I shrug my shoulders back.
   "I have to." The bank account is going down. I mean...I'm still a millionaire — it's no shit. But that money is going to run out if I keep spending stuff on Nina and the baby. They deserve the best.
   "Okay." Cecily sadly nods her head whilst pouring the hot water into the cup.
   "I'll arrange your plane tickets...do you have your credit cards on you? Don't worry I got the others already." With that I nod my head taking my credit card out of my wallet and pass it to her.
   She shouldn't be dealing with the financial side of Bastille. But I guess she has nothing better to do, "I'll be ten minutes." With that Cecily takes Will's tea and disappears.

Why do I feel weird when she's around me?