XXIV

RYDER'S POV

He knows something I would never tell him.

I don't want him worrying so much.

I love that he cares for me, but he needs to take care of himself too.

He took my arm and brought it up to his lips.

He kissed everyone of my my scars.

"I love you so much. Now please stop." He said.

I could see the hurt in his eyes.

It hurt me to see him like this.

"Ryder please." He said.

"I will. For you." I said as he squeezed me again.

"Are you mad that I didn't tell you sooner?" I asked.

"I could never be mad at you. A little disappointed but never mad." He said.

He sighed again.

"It's just we're a couple. And I love you more than anything in the world. Since we trust each other so much I'd expect you to come to me with a big problem like this. I love you and want you to get better. I mean why else am I acting like your psychologist?" He asked.

I crashed into him again.

"I love you too. I'm sorry. I was just scared of what your reaction was going to be. I promise I'm never going to keep anymore secrets." I said.

"Good. I want to try to sleep but I can't. I'm scared I'm going to have another nightmare." He said.

"Here I'll help you." I said.

"Would you like me in the bed with you or do you want the whole thing to yourself?" I asked.

"With you obviously." He said.

I fixed his side so he got more of the pillows and blankets.

"Lay down." I said as we got into the bed.

He put his arm around me and I cuddled into his chest.

"Now close your eyes and count back from ten. When you get to one, just think of all the happy memories you've created. I'll wake you if you're having a nightmare since I'm right by your heartbeat." I instructed.

"Thank you." He mumbled.

His breathing was soon deep and shallow.

He was asleep.