cuatro.

« DEVANTE SWING. »
september 10th, 1986.
4:20 pm.

It's been exactly 17 days since the incident. I could tell Cyd was still traumatized from what happened, but she always told me she was okay. I see she is more passionate about nature and life and things like that. It hurts me to see Cydney depressed like this, so I do everything in my power to make sure she's okay because if she's not okay, I'm not okay. We're currently walking home together from school. She wanted to walk alone, but it would make me less of a man if I let her walk by herself. "Devante? Why do you care about me so much?" If only she knew how much I love her. "Because Cyd, you're my girl- my friend and you mean so much to me. Everybody cares about you girl, especially Aviana and Taina." I saw her perk up when I accidentally said "girlfriend". "Girlfriend?" I could feel my face warming up. "I'm sorry Cyd, I didn't mean to s-" She pulled me into a tight hug. We stood on the sidewalk atleast 5 minutes, squeezing the life out of each other. I pulled away from her and grabbed her hand and held it tightly. "Why don't you come over my house today? I'm sure mama would let you inside." She looked up at me. "Devante.. I-I don't know." She then looked back at her shoes. "Cydney, pleeeeaasseee? For little ole me?" She looked up at me again and smiled. God, she's so beautiful. "Fine, I'll go." I feel like a kid at a candy store. Man, she got me sprung.
"Alright, let's go then." And from there we headed to my house.

4:32 pm.
devante's house.

"And who's this beautiful girl right here?"
"Hi Ms. Degrate, My name is Cydney."
"Oh please call me Mary."I was currently in the kitchen waiting for Cydney and Mama to finish their conversation. Watch my dad comes in trying to fuck up some shit.

"Mary who the fuck is this?"

I told you.

"Donald have some manners! She's a sweet girl. Cydney can you and my son go up stairs for a minute?" I saw Cyd nod her head softly. She walked over to me and pulled my arm. We walked upstairs to my room. I could tell she was surprised at how many vinyls and posters I had. "Wait, is that a Luther Vandross vinyl? Boy, you got my heart." She grabbed the vinyl and put it on the record player. When the song came on, she turned in my direction.

" If this world were mine, I'd place at your feet
All that I own, you've been so good to me
If this world were mine
I'd give you the flowers
The birds and the bees
And the old love inside me, that would be all I need
If this world were mine
I'd give you anything.."

« cydney washington. »
4:34 pm.

"I've always dreamed about dancing with you. Whether it was at a school dance, prom, or here. My love is real Cydney." Devante whispered in my ear. I just wanted him to take me now. I wanted to talk, but he left me completely speechless. I pulled away from him and stared into his eyes. "Well, um, it's getting a little hot in here, don't you think?" I nodded in agreement. The sexual tension in this room is thick. He walked to the record player and put on another song. "This song is about to describe all the things I want to say, but I can't."

" There's something that I want to say
But words sometimes get in the way
I just want to show
My feelings for you
There's nothing that I'd do
Than spend every moment with you
I guess you should know
I love you so.. "

He walked over to his dresser and pulled out a red velvet box. "Cydney, I'm not good at doing things like this, but since I love you I'm going to do my best to formulate words." He got on one knee and opened up the box. "Cydney Washington, will you promise me that you will be my lover for eternity? Will you promise that you will never ever break my heart? Will you wear my promise ring, and most of all, will you be my girlfriend?" I stood there bewildered and speechless. Man, a boy ain't never did this to me.
"Yes Devante, I'll be your girlfriend." He put the ring on my finger and got up. He pulled me into a tight hug. "I love you Cydney."

"I love you too Devante."

y'all, i'm sorry that the chapters are short, they will get longer as the story continues. sksksksksk i just have writers block man. - niyah