tres.

august 25, 1986

august 25, 1986.
3:30 pm.

"Finally, I'm fucking home!" Taina exclaimed. "I know right! School is hell on earth." I exclaimed. Taina nodded. I couldn't wait to call Devante. It's like all my past feelings for Devante has came back. And if you forgot, I've known Devante since 1980. Anyways, I went to the kitchen to get some grapes and I saw my mom's boyfriend blocking the fridge. "You're blocking my blessings sir. By blessings I mean the fridge." He looked up from his newspaper. "Don't you think I know that?" I cocked my head to the side and looked at him like he had 17 heads. "Fuck it, I don't even want the damn grapes anymore." I turned around to walk away. As I walked away, I felt a hard push. He had pushed me to the ground and stepped on the back of my neck. "You better watch who the fuck you talking to. You don't know me, I'll kill you." When he said that, I felt like my life was in more danger than it already was. He got off my neck and walked to the back room where my mom was. I lifted myself off the ground and dusted my shirt off. I felt warm tears fall from my eyes. Yes I wanted to cry, but I couldn't let my little sister see me like this. Hard bitches don't cry. Remember that Cydney. As I walked back to my room, I saw Taina come out of her room. I looked at her, and I saw a dark purple ring around her neck. It looked fresh, like a day old or less. She tried to hide it, but it was too late. I knew I had a worried look plastered on my face. "Taina.. W-who did it?"
She started to cry a little, and it hurt my heart. I grabbed her hand and pulled her into my room. I closed the door and sat on the bed next to Taina. "Did Dalvin do this?" She shook her head. "Did momma's boyfriend do this?" She looked up at me and started to break down. "I'm guessing he did it." She nodded her head yes and that's when i pulled her into a hug. I started to cry. It hurt my heart to see my sister like this. We hugged for about 10 minutes and pulled away. "Time to go kill a motherfucker today." I pulled the pistol of the drawer. I already had the gun loaded, so I was good to go.
I rushed downstairs to find the bastard. As I turned to the kitchen, I felt a arm wrap around my neck. "Stop! Let me go you bastard!" I squirmed around in pain. "I told you I'd kill you."  Those words were the last words I heard before everything turned black.

august 25, 1986.   
5:15 pm.

"Cydney? Cydney!"  I woke up to the cries of my sister and the annoying beeping of the machines.
"Oh thank god! You're up!" Taina looked directly at me, her eyes were filled with sorrow. I tried to open my mouth, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't. I looked over to my right, and I saw Devante looking at me with puffy red eyes. I could tell he had been crying. "D-Devante don't c-cry.." I spoke wearily.
"We really thought you were gone Cyd, you looked so..what's the word? Lifeless. You looked pale."
Taina spoke. I darted my eyes in her direction. "Well I'm here now. Ouch! Fuck. My body really hurts.."
Taina and Devante looked at each other. She mouthed something to him, but I couldn't read her lips. He shrugged his shoulders. The fuck he shrugged his shoulders for? "What y'all talking about?" I asked them. "Well.. I don't know how to put this in words but, mommy's boyfriend raped you."
Taina spoke softly. "Are you serious? No.. Are you deadass?" I was on the verge of breaking down. It feels like my heart got ran over by a bus. Knowing a grown ass man who's like 40 took something meaningful to me. "I didn't want to believe it when the detective told me." Devante spoke up. I felt my eyes filling up with tears. "When I found you downstairs, you were naked. Your clothes were scattered around everywhere, and you were hanging off the couch unconscious." Taina spoke. "I-I'm at a loss of words.." I felt the tears falling down my eyes.
"When I see him, I'm gonna kill him." I heard the anger in Devante's voice. Me and Taina were looking at Devante, and then the door opened. There was a girl with an oversized blue sweater and blue tights. Her hair was pulled back into a bun.

(this is who she was

(this is who she was. tatyana was so pretty 😍)

I looked up at her. "Oh I'm sorry, I got the wrong room.. But before I leave, are you okay?" The girl asked me. "I'm...I'm not okay.." I spoke in between sobs. "Well, I know you don't know me, but I'm here if you need me. I'll be back, I have to take this to my grandmother." I nodded my head. She seems like a nice and caring girl, so why not? "Well Cyd, I gotta get going. You know my boss be tripping. I'll call to check up on you." Taina waved me and Devante goodbye. Now it was just me and Devante in the room. "Cydney, c-can I tell you something?"
"Uh, yeah what's up?"
"Well umm, I li-"
The door opened up. It was the girl who came earlier. She closed the door and sat in the chair to the left.
"Where's my manners? I'm sorry, my name is Aviana. Just call me Avi. By your wristband, your name is.. Cydney?" She asked me. "Yeah, it's Cydney." I responded. "So, talk to me girl, let it out."
I told her everything that happened and she was in shock. I can tell she was genuinely listening to what I was saying. "I'm so sorry that happened to you. This reminds me of this one guy my mom was with.. His name was Robert. He beat on her and tried to rape me and my sister. Apparently since I'm the youngest, I was his favorite." Robert. That name sounds familiar as hell. Devante saw that I was in deep thought so he grabbed my hand and held it.
I saw him crying a little bit. He tried to make it seem like he wasn't crying but I'm not Boo Boo the Fool.
So me and Avi talked a little bit more until somebody came into our room. "Aviana, It's time to go."
"Okay mom, See you around Cyd. Call me if you need to talk." She left her number and walked out the room. Devante stood up. "No Devante don't go!" I was just joking with him. "Girl I'm not going nowhere, I'm just stretching. He got in the bed with me, and I don't know how but he managed to do so. "Cydney, I really like you. I wanted to tell you a while ago, but you left to go to Virginia. I've always liked you and I don't think I'm gonna stop liking you. If you're not ready for a relationship, it's cool. I'll be waiting for you." I could feel my face warming up. "Aw De, that's so fucking sweet. You trying to make me cry huh? Well guess what? I like you too, but I think we gon' give it some time. Is that okay with you?" He cuddled me. "Yeah, I don't wanna drag you into love."
He rested his chin on my shoulder and scooted closer to me. "Goodnight Cyd." He mumbled.
"Goodnight Devante." And after that, we were both sound asleep.

hey y'all, don't worry imma hit you with a few updates tonight. i just wanted to catch y'all up a little bit, I hope you like the chapter! Vote, Comment, Share this story.

i love y'all! - niyah. 💕