13

Something's Happening

Mind destructing, Agony Inside of Me.

My Pulse Is Racing

Mental Torture, Self-Destroyer.

Can't Ignore the Paranoia.

The same words, repeated.

Over and over again.

Never stopping.

Never ending.

Over and over and over and over—

"Again."

One word.

So much fear. So much agony.

More shocks. More brainwashing.

A step closer. Every time, a step closer.

Closer to nothing.

Nothingness was his fate.

Mental Torture, Self-Destroyer—

Something's Happening.

Mind Destructing, Agony Inside of Me.

My Pulse Is Racing.

Again and again.

Holding onto his life.

Holding on for dear life.

For his memories.

"Again."

The same cycle.

Over and over and over and over—

Can't Ignore the Paranoia.

A pause.

A moment to rest.

Then—

Something's Happening—

...

Tony knocked, body feeling numb.

"May?" He called out after a few moments of silence.

Still no reply. He felt dread settle in his stomach, and he knocked again. But, despite his efforts, he was only met with more silence.

With a sigh of both worry and resolve, his hand twisted the doorknob and he used his shoulder to shove it open. It creaked as the hinges were spun; like it hadn't been open in...maybe a week.

Ha, what a coincidence.

"Mrs Parker?" He asked again, quieter this time, as he wandered into the pitch-black apartment.

His heart was nearly bursting from his chest. Everywhere he looked, he saw Peter's life. Peter's home. Every single wall, floor, ceiling, piece of furniture – it used to Peter's home. God, the house even smelt like Peter, as creepy as that sounded.

And he wanted to cry, right then and there, but the small part of logic attached to his brain told him not to. If May was here, then his first impression shouldn't be him bawling his eyes out. That definitely wouldn't go well. No matter how much he didn't want to, he had to be strong for her.

After all, she was the last person he knew to ever see Peter. Maybe she knew something or noticed something, no one else did.

Maybe. Tony knew it was wishful thinking. But hey, what's a life without hope? One not worth living.