Secrets

Theodore's POV::

I walked quickly through the halls of the Lab. I had always considered JYP just a single lab even though it consisted of multiple labs. It made me feel more professional. After all, I was technically still a kid. 19 years old wasn't exactly an old age. And working amongst people in their late thirties and even sixties; it made me feel a bit more superior. 

I chuckled to myself and stopped by to eavesdrop on our new girl. (Y/N) (Y/LN) was really something. I hadn't been lying when I told her that her resume was impressive. I had actually considered putting her on the team of officials. But Amber had held me back from the thought. Amber told me that there was something different about Miss (Y/N) that couldn't be seen on the surface.

Since Amber was usually extremely uptight, I brushed off her suspicion. But as I leaned towards the door of Lab 27, my own suspicions rose. Not only was Miss (Y/N) spewing questions about the hackers they were going against, but then another girl in her group was questioning Cat's authority.

The urge to barge into the room and shoot them all was high, but I still needed them. With (Y/N)'s skill, we could maybe finally draw out Stray Kids. I bristled just at thinking of the infamous hacking group. They had come way to close for comfort. If it weren't for Cat and Coles's quick thinking, Stray Kids would have had our data and files and exposed us to the world. 

I ground my teeth together and fussed with my hair. A nervous habit of mine. My ears perked a little when silence started rendering from the lab. I strained my hearing and only caught the faint sounds of keys being typed rapidly. Good they stopped questioning and are finally working. I smoothed down the front of my shirt and strolled back to the elevator.

I walked straight to the back of it as soon as it opened, opening the secret hatch in the back and clicking the button that would take me to the basement. Only the officials knew of the basement since that was where our planning came from. You would think we would be on the feild helping out, but our job is way more important than keeping annoying hackers out. It was our job to protect the information those irritations tried to steal. 

It had annoyed me a lot when Cat chose to help out. She seemed to have forgotten her place and placed herself amongst the lower ranks. Sure, with our skill we could easily track most hackers but then that would leave us completely open. Everyday the officials and I (minus Cat) coded rapidly to bring up our defenses. We needed to make them strong. Stronger. 

Having people do the dirty work for us by keeping those pests out made our job just the slightest bit easier. Though our defenses still could be breached by intelligent minds, which was why the officials and I continuously added to our defenses. It wasn't uncommon that a hacker could at least make a small scratch or dent in our firewalls. In fact, it was so common that building our defenses had become second nature.

The elevator reached basement level, and I stepped out and walked into the singular but massive control room. This was where we not only coded, but monitored our workers and perimeters. No need for security if we were always one step ahead of attempted break ins. I greeted Jasper and Thomas as I entered the room. Cole and Amber were either in the cafeteria, or meeting with other officials that also were with our line of work.

I slumped into my chair and spun around a few times, knocking off multiple pocky boxes and empty soda cans. I eyed the mess with the least bit of amusement. One of my biggest hates was cleaning up after myself. That was what janitors were for. Of course after every weekly cleaning I had to hire new cleanors. Mostly because I killed the last ones because they had gotten way to close to what JYP Labs were actually doing with the data and files we obtained.