I hope he won't change the way he acts around me, considering how fragile I must have seemed during our conversation in the car. It was embarrassing to think about, how all of a sudden I felt so weak and vulnerable under his scolding gaze. He could make me feel so many things just by the way he looked at me and by the tone of his voice. I didn't like how much control he had over me, but at the same time, it was so thrilling.

Another gust of wind entered the restaurant, my head still in it's daydream to notice the cold air enveloping me, until I heard a scream of my name.

"Evie!" Alice screeched from her Dad's arms. I woke up from my daze, smiling back at her before risking a quick glance to Harry. He was busy trying to shut the door that must have gotten caught in the wind, finally slamming it shut and turning around before he noticed me staring at him.

"Hey sugar, how have you been?" I cooed, leaning over to plant a kiss on her cheek. She returned the favour, giggling loudly when Harry ducked his head down to kiss her sloppily on the opposite cheek.

"Are you having dinner with us?" she asked, her long pigtails swaying as she bobbed her head in excitement.

"Evie's working, sweetheart" Harry explained, Alice whining in protest until Harry set her down on the floor. "Go and find Louis and sit at the table" He instructed, kissing her on the top of the head before she scampered off through the dining room.

"Sorry about that, she always gets so ecstatic whenever she sees you" Harry laughs as he shakes his head in bewilderment. "How have you been?"

I can't help but blush at his comment, even though it's completely true. I don't know why, but Alice seems so attached to me, and I'm not sure if it's because she doesn't really have a motherly figure in her life anymore or maybe because she just likes me, but I can't help but fall in love with her a little more every time I see her.

"I've been good, you?" I reply, smiling shyly back at him.

He frowns, "I've been extremely busy at work, and Alice has been a bit of handful lately too, I've just pretty tired these days" He sighs. I can't help but feel miserable once he shares how he's been lately. All I really want to do is pull him into my arms and hold him. I just have a strong urge to take care of him, but I know I can't, and that's what makes this all the more frustrating.

"If you need any extra help during the week with Alice, I'm here to help Harry, honestly. You've got enough on your plate already, so I'm here if you need me" I reassured, hoping to relieve a little bit of the stress he was feeling.

"I will definitely be taking you up on that offer, thank you Eve" He breathed, grinning widely at me as his dimple popped into his cheek.

"You should probably get to your table, everyone will be wondering where you are. I'll be through soon to get your orders" I suggested, nudging my head towards his table in the dining room.

"Oh yeah, right" he said shaking his head once he remembered that he was here for dinner. He flashed me another smile before striding off into the dining room.

I felt an unknown weight lift off my shoulders once I was out of his presence. He had a way of making you feel so many different things, and I don't think he even realized how he much of an effect he had on people. Shaking off the aching feeling, I made my way into the dining room clearing a few of the empty tables and tending to any diners that needed anything before getting the drink orders for Harry's table.

I smiled politely at Louis and Eleanor, and gave Alice's cheek a quick squeeze before abruptly walking to the bar to serve their drinks, my stomach not being able to handle any interaction with Harry at all. I felt as if I was going to combust, my skin burning with a sudden desire for him. I tried to focus on the drinks order, muttering encouraging words to myself to try and get the thoughts of him out of my head. But nothing was working, just knowing that he was on the other side of the room, and that I couldn't do anything to rid me of the intense ache settling in my stomach was niggling at me unbearably.