twenty

Eve's POV

The first wave of nausea hit me, waking me up from my uneasy sleep and causing me to groan loudly and press myself further against the mattress. The bed that I was in was a lot softer than I remembered the one at Niall's to be, the mattress a lot more plusher, dipping comfortably against my restless body. The pillow that my head was buried into smelt faintly of mint and green apples, a scent that seemed familiar but I just couldn't remember where it was from.

Another wave of nausea washed through me, this time the bile rising slowly up my throat. I shook my head in protest, despite the fact that this did nothing except make the throbbing in my head more painful. My eyes were blurred as I shot up from my bed, climbing out from under the sheets and clambering to what looked like a bathroom on the other side of the room.

I fell to my knees and lowered my head over the toilet, releasing the contents of my stomach into the bowl. There wasn't much, but I couldn't seem to stop the relentless gagging and heaving my body was giving out, my arms clutched tightly around the bowl for support.

"Jesus Eve" I heard an all too familiar voice call from behind me. My brows knotted in confusion before I gagged once more, and I felt Harry pull my hair back and out of my face to secure it with an elastic, probably with the one that he kept around his wrist from time to time.

"Harry, what are you do-" I started, before my stomach wrenched and I was spluttering back into the toilet bowl. Harry's hand landed on my back, skating up and down the t-shirt that was stuck to my back due to my clammy skin, his voice soft and comforting, but the words not making sense as they bounced around my aching head.

Once I was sure that was all I could give, I reached weakly up to flush the toilet, before falling backwards and scooting over to press my back against the wall, my head lulling back as I tried to steady my breathing. I heard Harry shuffle in front of me, falling to the floor as well.

"What am I doing here?" I croaked, my throat raw and burning after every word that slipped through my lips. My eyes jarred open to find Harry sitting cross legged in front of me, wearing a pair of athletic shorts and trainers and nothing else. What happened to look like his shirt was slung over his shoulder, his torso bare and glistening, a thick layer of sweat dripping down over the ridges on his hard stomach. His hair was sodden, sticking to his forehead and a dark green bandana was entwined in his hair, doing a lousy job to keep the hair off his face. He must have been working out.

"You don't remember?" he asked.

"Remember what?"

He sighed, casting his eyes down and furrowing his brows slightly, "You called me last night to come pick you up, so I brought you here and put you to bed, you really don't remember?"

I usually wouldn't drink that much, not to the point where I wouldn't be able to remember anything from the night before. I had my fair share of alcohol induced adventures, from skinny dipping in someone's pool, to taking shots off of random people's bodies, to sneaking into one of the most exclusive clubs in the middle of the city. Alcohol helped me cope, it took me to a place where I needn't worry about anything, where everything that was affecting me could easily be forgotten after just a few drinks.

But I never let it get out of control, because that's what I craved. I liked to be in control, to still have some say in what I was doing, even with the extreme amount of alcohol flowing through me. Not being able to remember a whole night was daunting to me, because it meant that I lost that control at some point and anything could've happened. A shiver ran up my spine at all the things that might've happened, but I'm sure Harry would be happy to help with the gaps that I so desperately needed filling.