09 | Crushes

Peter's POV:

I gave Nova space today, letting her find her own way to the school, but I stood outside the school until she showed up. I wasn't sure if she was still pissed at me or not, and I didn't want to push my luck either.

But seeing her smiling face when she got out of Happy's car made me feel that today was going to be a great day.

"Good morning m'lady!" I said being a nerd and bowing to her.

"Oh, good morning m'good sir!" She said "lovely weather we're having hmm?"

I chuckled at her, nodding slowly, "very good weather."

"You guys are losers," MJ said randomly showing up beside us, "and I see you too made up."

"I mean, you hang out with us also, and yeah we did." I said pressing my lips into a thin line.

MJ wrapped her arm around Nova's neck giving her a big smile, "Since Peter and Ned are losers, why don't we be the cool kids on our group?"

Nova smirked, wrapping her arm around MJ's waist, "oh I totally like that idea!"

MJ turned and smirked at me, "see ya Pete!" She said flipping the bird at me and pulling Nova along with her, leaving me standing by the school's steps alone.

Until Ned showed up that is.

"Hey man why you just standing here?"

"MJ stole Nova away." I said turning and glancing at the school.

Ned raised his eye brow at me, "so? Girls need girlfriends also."

I shrugged my shoulders. I couldn't help but feel a bit jealous that MJ kinda just popped up and stole her away.

Ned nudge my arm, getting my attention, "dude are you jealous?"

I quickly shook my head, "what? No! Why would I be jealous? Girls need their friends also right?"

Ned gave me a look, "whatever you say man."

And with that we walked into the school.

-

Nova and MJ sat beside each other at lunch today, with Ned and myself sitting across from them.

MJ never is really like this with other girls, so it's very confusing as to why she randomly is all over Nova.

"So guys, Nova has a crush." MJ randomly spoke up while taking a drink of her milk carton.

"Michelle!" Nova said, her face turning bright pink, "I told you not to say anything."

MJ had the biggest smile on her face as she kept her eyes on Nova.

"Who is this crush?" Ned asked leaning forward on the table, he sat across from Nova so he had a better access of her than I do.

"It's no one..." Nova said hiding her face in her hands."

"Awe come on, girl!" MJ said, "we are all friends here, spill the beans!"