06 | Ned and MJ

Peter's POV:

I bounced on my heels as I stood outside of Stark Tower, my hands sweating and heart racing.

I've stood outside of Stark's tower many many times. I've been here plenty of times as well when Mr. Stark had done upgrades for my suit or help me fix something that went wrong.

But this time was different.

I was waiting for someone.

Waiting for Nova.

Usually Ned, MJ and I take the same train together to school. We'll meet up outside the Deli and walk to the station together.

But this morning I woke up earlier than normal and swung my way across New York to stand right here and wait for Nova.

This is only her second day and I didn't want her to catch the bus alone. Plus honestly...I did want to spend more time with her. She's a really cool and chill person. And happens to be the daughter of my mentor who asked me to help look out for her anyways. So. Here I am.

I'm also her only friend right now, I'm hoping eventually her, Ned and MJ get close so we can all be a big group of friends. A trio is an odd number anyways. Better to be even. Right?

I wiped my hands on my jeans to remove the sweat and tucked my bottom lip between my teeth. God why was I so nervous for?

I played with the sleeves of my green jacket to help pass time and hopefully calm my nerves.

But it wasn't helping.

I checked my watch, school started in an hour and it takes quite a bit to get to the school by bus.

My phone buzzed in my jeans and I already knew who it was. I have a certain buzz set for Ned and MJ in our group chat, so I knew it was them blowing up my phone.

I was fixing to reach into my pocket and see what their fuss was about, but then I saw her. Nova.

She walked through the glass doors. Tight dark blue skinny jeans, checkered vans, red blouse and black bomber jacket. Her hair was pulled back into a pony tail and she had the biggest smile on her face.

"Peter what are you doing here?" Nova asked running over to me.

I smiled at her, feeling all my nerves fade away, "I thought that since it's your second day at school, that you wouldn't want to ride the bus alone."

The corners of her lips grew even more and I swear there was a twinkle in her eye.

"That's so nice of you Peter, thank you."

I nodded my head, "you're welcome, Nova."

As if on cue, the bus pulled up to the curb.

"Shall we m'lady?" I asked taking a step back and slowly leaning a bit forward, placing on hand on my chest and the other extending out towards the bus. God why am I such an idiot?

Nova giggled and tilted her head towards me, "Yes m'good sir, we shall."

Her reaction made me smile with pure joy. Wow she's just as much of a dork as I am.

We got onto the bus and found an empty seat towards the back and claimed it as ours for the moment.

Nova's phone rang and it ended up being Mr. Stark, "Tony is calling, he's probably making sure I got onto the bus."

I chuckled, "well answer it, I have to check my phone as well."

Nova nodded and smiled as she answered the call.

I checked my messages to see that my friends were very pissed at me.

Ned: dude where are you at?
7:45am.

Michelle: yeah loser where the hell are you? We've been waiting for ten minutes.
7:50am.

Ned: Peter seriously where are you?
8:00am.

Michelle: we caught the train without you. What the hell peter?
8:10am.

Ned: I'm pissed at you.
8:11am.

Michelle: I second that.
8:11am.

I dropped my face into my palm, it didn't even cross my mind to let them know that I wasn't going to show up today.

Nova ended the call with Mr. Stark and looked at me worriedly, "everything okay?"

I nodded looking back at the texts from my friends, "I usually walk with Ned and MJ and take the train every morning with them to school, but I forgot to tell them that I wasn't gonna make it due to meeting you."

Nova softly smiled at me, "well they'll forgive you. Don't worry. Just explain yourself and what happened and they'll forgive you."

I softly smiled back at her, "thanks."

She hummed a "mmhmm." And we were quiet the rest of the way to school.

-

"Peter Benjamin Parker." Ned said the moment he saw Nova and I walk into the school together, crossing his arms over his chest and giving me a very pissed look.

MJ stood to his right doing the exact same pose, "is your phone not working Parker? Or is working with Tony Stark getting to your head?"

I quickly rushed up to MJ and covered my hand over her mouth, "shhhh Michelle." I quietly snapped.

She shoved me away, "what? Everyone knows!"

I sighed and looked down at my nikes, waiting for Nova to question me.

"You work with Tony Stark?" She asked really calmly. I could feel her eyes staring deeply into me, I turned to look at her, and saw the daggers that she was mentally stabbing into my chest through her eyes.

"Uhhh...yeah. I have a Stark Internship..." I softly said.

I could feel Ned's and MJ's eyes on me, their dark mean eyes turned to a soft and oh shit look.

"Nice to know," Nova said looking between the three of us, "thanks for riding the bus with me to school, Parker, but I'll walk alone from here to my locker and class."

Nova quickly walked away, not turning back no matter how many times I called out for her to wait.

"Did she not know?" Michelle asked confused and now sad.

I shook my head, "no she didn't."

"What's the big deal then?" Ned asked.

I looked at my two best friends, "Nova is Tony Stark's daughter."

They both looked at me wide eyed and more confused, "she's who?" They both said at the same time.

"She's Stark's long lost daughter that randomly appeared yesterday."

"Okay well you went to her house yesterday so how did she not know about the internship?" Ned asked.

"Because Mr. Stark rushed me out once he came home I guess," I said playing with my fingers, "she knows I know him but she didn't know how I did."

Michelle crossed her arms and looked down at the ground, "well...she does now." With that, she walked down the hall disappearing into the crow.

"Hey Pete." Ned said nudging me and getting close to my face, "does she know about your alter ego?"

"What? Ned! No!" I quickly said pushing him out of my face, "if she didn't know about the 'stark internship' then how would she know about that?"

Ned's face went blank as he made the "oohhhhhhh" sound.

I face palmed and breathed out heavily, "what am I gonna do Ned? I don't want her to think I'm just using her to get points with Mr. Stark."

"Just be yourself and apologize. Tell her you didn't have the time to really say anything about the internship." He shrugged.

I nodded, "yeah thanks Ned, I'll just do that."