9: four years before

CHAPTER NINE- July 31st, 1999

this takes place before Ashton and El know each other. Actually, before Ashton was even in America. 3/4 KANGAROOS ARE IN THIS ONE SO PRAISE. 

songs for this chapter: 

teenagers by my chemical romance &

flaws by bastille 

__________________

 Ashton was high. 

 Not the stereotypical mellow kind of high, he was tripping on whatever the hell Luke, his cousin, gave to him. Ashton originally went there crying his ass off after a break up but Luke just popped a pill in his drink and they both felt rushed.

 The curly haired boy laid his head back on the cheap-fabric sofa in the basement of Luke's house and drummed on his lap. Luke handed him a beer and plopped down next to him causing the sofa to squeak. 

 "Dude, I can't feel my eyes," Luke said groggily laughing. The boys felt like they were on a cloud that only ascended to the greatest things in the world. Ashton rubbed his face and hummed a Green Day song. "What even happened with you and Iris? She was hot man and the ninth girl you dated this year. I'm surprised you lasted this long, honestly."  Which was entirely true. After they graduated, Ashton jumped from girl to girl and became this ball of destruction after it was over. Repeating the process of finding another girl to calm his nerves. 

 "She just became- you know, serious." 

 "That's what you always say." 

 "Why do woman always think that they have to be so uptight all the time? Why don't they just go with things?" 

 "That's the thing man," Luke said opening his fifth bottle of vodka, "men flow with things while the woman make the things we flow on. That was deep, wow. I should be like Nicholas Sparks or president. I should be president. I would make weed legal and gay marriage okay and oh my god, I should be president."

 "Then yeah, be president." Ashton took another drag of his quarter and dozed off. He found something interesting about the wall next to him. So he smirked to himself and said, "Luke, I bet there's a million dollars in that wall." Ashton pointed to it with one hand while hitting Luke with the other. "I dare you to check." 

 Luke laughed hysterically at that, "I'm high, not stupid. I'm not breaking that fucking wall. No matter how much money."

 "Lucas is a pussy, Lucas is a pussy," Ashton said in a sing-song tone, moving his fingers to the rhythm. Luke just shrugged and took another drag of the joint and chuckled. 

 ''If you're so certain money is in that wall, then you do it, Ash-hole." 

 "Because," he said opening his beer, "why have money when you can crash April Syke's going-away party?" The boys just smirked at each other and quickly got out of the house. 

 It was cold out and Ashton regretted not wearing a more suitable outfit for the weather. But then again, his imagination shut up his thoughts and made him see Luke as a banana. The boy giggled while the other just continued to drink his beer, heading to fuck shit up. 

 Once they were on the front porch, they could already tell that someone beat them to crashing it since the music was basically hardcore metal and people were leaving and whining. The boys high fived and made their ways inside.