Part 1

“Tell me what you’re thinking” he asked.

She did not reply immediately. The night was wonderful; he stared at her beautiful face, looking at the stars dreamingly. There was no girl in the world who could ever compare to her, ever.

“Catalina…” he said, smiling as he heard his voice saying her name. How could it feel so right?

She sighed and looked at him, her shiny brown eyes filled with joy. “You.”

“Me?”

“And me.”

He drew her closer to him; they were both seated on the roof of his house; Catalina loved to see the sky at night, and Ferdinand loved to just stare at her. “And what are you thinking about us?”

She rested her head on his shoulder. “I was thinking that I would love to stay here forever with you,” she replied shyly.

Ferdinand kissed her head, the inebriant smell of vanilla from her hair made him close his eyes in delight. “So do I.”

She looked at him. “Do you mean it?”

“I do.”

The smile she gave to him was priceless. Ferdinand felt as if he was literally on the top of the world. Never in his life had he felt that way about any woman, ever. Catalina was everything he had ever wanted; she was the most caring girl he had ever met, and her beauty was astonishing, with her big sparkling brown eyes, that changed colors according to her mood and her beautiful smile… Her smile…

She removed her head from his shoulder and sat before him, looking at him kindly. “Then let’s be like this forever,” she asked “There is no reason why we should not.”

“Here on the roof?” Ferdinand asked, jokingly.

She shook her head, laughing; then she loosened her hair from the bun and let it fall on her right shoulder, like a brown cascade. Ferdinand shivered at that sight; he had no words to describe how much he loved that movement of hers. “You are so beautiful...”

Catalina flushed and looked down; she was extremely shy and insecure about her looks, and even though Ferdinand would tell her every day how beautiful she was, she still had issues to see her own beauty.

“You are,” he repeated. “You are the most beautiful girl in the world…”

She looked away to the full Moon with a genuine smile, her cheeks flushed with the compliment.

“Marry me,” he said, out of sudden. She immediately looked at him, surprised.

“What?”

“I want to marry you, Catalina.”

He took her both hands kindly. “I have no doubts. You are the woman I want to spend my life with… I want to spend my life with you… With you, Catalina… I just want to spend my life with you…” he said, barely controlling his emotions. Catalina’s eyes were watering.

“Marry me…” he repeated foolishly. She nodded heavily.

Ferdinand kissed her passionately, holding her close to him, feeling as happy as he never felt his entire life. When they drew apart, her face was covered with tears.

“I can’t take my eyes off you…” he said, amazed.