Chapter 2

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or any of the amazing characters!

Chapter 2:

Her words echoed in Kylo's mind. She'd said that he could have a home. Did she mean with the Resistance? Did she mean with his mother and Chewie? Did she mean with her? He didn't know, and it infuriated him further.

Instead of sleeping he headed to the training area to work off some of the excess angry energy. At this time of night, the place was empty, and he was happy that it was. He wanted to go all out on the training droids without the horrified look he always got from his fellow shipmates.

He loaded in 5 training droids equipped with real light sabers. He planned to push himself to the point of physical exhaustion. He didn't want to think about anything. Not his role as Supreme Leader, not the Resistance that seemed to elude him at all turns and certainly not the infuriating scavenger girl.

He'd convinced himself not to think of her, not her name, not those wide Hazel eyes, not her smooth pale skin and certainly not the way she'd looked at him after they'd touched hands before she'd shipped herself to the Supremacy. She was banned from his thoughts.

Though as the training droids surrounded him, he couldn't help but remember what it was like to have her fight by his side. Kylo Ren vigorously shook his head. That girl was nothing but a distraction and a source of agitation. She was his enemy. She was a part of the Resistance. She didn't care for him, she'd proved that when she rejected him first on the Supremacy and then again on Crait.

Rage poured over Kylo as he gave the signal for the droids to start the sparring session. He couldn't believe he'd left himself so open, that he'd been that desperate not to be alone that he'd offered to train the enemy. He'd offered her a place at his side.

An inhuman roar left his lips as he ignited his crackling red saber and charged at the droids. Anyone watching him would have said he moved gracefully around the droids, swinging his great saber around easily taking limbs as he moved but to Kylo everything was jerky and unsteady. The world moved by slowly.

Once he'd destroyed all 5 of the droids he restarted the session with 7 fresh ones. By the time he was done he was bloody, sore and utterly exhausted. He drug his feet as he walked back to his quarters so that he could shower and then fall into bed.

He was half way to his shower when the communications device on his desk sounded an alarm to announce an incoming call. No doubt it was Hux reporting in. Kylo took a deep breath and steeled himself against the dismay he felt at having to deal with Hux. It was a shitty way to end a shitty night.

He pressed a small blue button and a blue, slightly grainy version of Hux's face appeared above the black triangle of the communication device. The ginger looked smug even through the distortion of the projector.

"Report," Kylo barked. "Supreme Leader Ren, the mission to Frebalara was a success. The small group of rebels might have done a lot of damage had they been allowed to fester like the nasty infection the rebellion is. We made their executions public and messy. No one within 20 parsecs will be thinking of joining up with that rebel scum," Hux sneered and Kylo could practically feel his pleasure at having murdered the 15 rebels that were rumored to be stationed on the planet. "Good. Now head to Laspoeter next. The group of rebels there have swelled their number to over 50. Any bigger and the whole population of the planet will have joined them," Kylo said. "Yes, Supreme Leader."

With that Kylo pressed the little blue button again and Hux's face disappeared. A small sense of satisfaction came over Kylo. For once he was okay with Hux's level of violence toward others. He wanted to stomp out any hopes of rebuilding the Resistance by having Hux out there with his so-called elite unit of killers to show his mother and her that it is pointless to keep fighting a battle they could never hope to actually win.