"Jiminy Jeeps, Lela! This isn't right." Struts said, grabbing Cheechee's arm and walking out the door, "We ain't gonna be no friends to a girl like you."

Lela collapsed onto her bed as she watched her friends leave. All but me. My heart broke in half as I watched her cry. I laid down next to her and wiped away some of her tears, "They don't deserve you as a friend."

The biker looked up at me, "I should'nve said anything."

"Lela, never let anyone tell you what you can and can't do in life."

"But...how do I do that?"

"It's not always easy, believe me, but..." I snuggled deeper into her shoulder. I was positively exhausted. But just as my eyes started to droop closed, my face flushed red as I felt her kiss my forehead. Then I fell asleep in her arms.

The next morning, I was walking down the beach, hand in hand with Lela, when a memory from yesterday came to mind.

"Hey, um...Lela?" I gulped, feeling nervous, "I need your advice on something."

She nodded and motioned for us to sit down. I did so, being careful not to crinkle up my skirt.

"So, Brady and I've known each other for a while now, right? And the thing is, I just found out that he likes me. Like, likes me, likes me." I sighed, "How are you supposed to turn a boy down without hurting his feelings?"

"I...I don't know." Said Lela, frowning, "I don't think I've ever been put in that type of situation before."

"The thing is, he's really jealous of you and me." I said sadly, leaning my head on her shoulder.

"Oh."

I nodded and looked up at her with a smile. She blushed and squeezed my hand, "What?"

"You're not at all what I'd thought you'd be."

"Yeah. I'm not as much like me as people think."

Another impulse came over me, and suddenly, our lips were locked together. It felt so perfect. So... right.

"Mack!" Brady's voice called from a few feet away, "Mack!"

I reluctantly pulled away from the kiss and watched him jog over. He grabbed my hand and yanked me upwards, "Come on, you're coming with me."

"No, Brady. I'm with Lela right now." I yanked my hand away. He seemed surprised, but grabbed it again, "We have to go."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Just c'mon." He ordered.

"Fine." I reluctantly answered, about to follow him when I paused. I bent down next to Lela and kissed her on the cheek, "I'll see you later, alright?"

She smiled and nodded, whispering me good luck.

"Mack!" Brady shouted again, and I ran after him.

"What was that?" He asked angrily.

"What was what?"

He scoffed, "You're kidding me, right? The kiss on the cheek, the "I'm with Lela."" He paused, "Answer me honestly Mack. Are you into her?"

"So, what if I am?" I asked, crossing my arms.

He ran a hand through his hair, "I can't believe this. You're ditching me for a smoking hot chick from a movie?"