Chapter Eleven

Goddammit Taylor.

Hearing her twin's thoughts, Kimby startled and tore her eyes away from the lyrics on the screen, looking in Taylor's direction. She saw the singer's silhouette next to Karlie on the couch, moving to the song.

She was about to ask Kariann what had happened when she saw it. Taylor's pair of shoes were on the floor in front of the couch in plain sight.

Oh crap, Kimby silently commented towards Kariann.

She didn't bring her purse for fear this would happen, and then she takes off her shoes ..., Kariann said frustrated.

We can't let Kelley and Christen see the shoes, Kimby said, wanting to act quickly.

She focused her eyes on the shoes and then used her skills to move them under the couch, out of sight from the other girls.

Just then the song ended, and the others looked away from the screen and jumped off the couch.

Phew, Kariann thought.

Well done, sis.

Oh man, Kimby answered.

She really is the clumsiest conjurer I know, God.

Kariann giggled.

Kimby could see Taylor's silhouette moving off the couch and then look for her shoes. From the body language that she was able to read, the singer just now realized what had happened.

A few moments later the twins both received a text from Taylor, telling them what they already knew: that she was too clumsy for her own good and had been too careless, and she apologized. The twins took it lightly, wanting to get past the incident. Karlie seemed completely unaware of what had gone down.

After the trouble had settled down and Kelley and Christen were done singing, everyone agreed to take a break. They had eaten most of the snacks and decided to order another round of food and drinks.

"Can we order some edamame too?" Karlie asked.

"I can't eat this greasy stuff ..."

"You sure did eat a lot of nachos by yourself though" Kelley commented jokingly.

Karlie froze, having forgotten about those.

"Oh yeah, I mean, those were ok, they weren't so greasy" she said quickly.

Kariann looked up at the ceiling to send a quick prayer to whoever was watching them.

Dear God, I hope we make it out of here alive without any of us screwing up.

Her twin giggled, almost choking on a piece of nacho.

That's what you get.

The next fifteen minutes or so went by without any slip-ups and the Kloss sisters were able to calm down. Besides the shock she had gotten from the shoe incident, Taylor still found this whole evening hilarious and felt well entertained.

They ate more of their snacks and talked about this and that, music playing quietly in the background. The conversation turned towards college once again.

"I was FaceTiming with Tobin earlier" Christen said, referring to her girlfriend and Kimby's roommate.

The girl was currently at a training camp for the national team in Montreal, which had been the reason the others had decided to take some time off from campus as well in the first place. Not because they were envious of their friend's achievements, but because it was good timing. Neither of them minded that they had went to New York instead of Virginia Beach at the twin's request, either. They had just needed a change of scenery and a distraction for Christen, who would otherwise miss her girlfriend entirely too much.