Chapter Five

"You did what?" Karlie nearly screamed and put her hands over her face.

Taylor laughed at her reaction.

"Calm down. It was funny. And as you can see I didn't get caught" she giggled.

Karlie exhaled loudly and dramatically.

"Come on" Taylor tried again and poked her girlfriend into her side. Karlie jumped in surprise at the (literally) unforeseen contact.

"Stop doing that!" she yelped. "You're having way too much fun with this absurd situation."

"Oh come on!" Taylor defended herself. "The girls were so nice. I wanted to do something nice for them."

Karlie sighed again. "Oh and also, your security left about thirty minutes ago to pick up your mum from the airport. But considering LA traffic at this hour, they will take a while there and back" she changed the topic to the matters at hand.

"Oh yeah, almost forgot about that" Taylor replied.

"And the CA member should be here anytime soon as well" Karlie added.

"You sound like my manager" Taylor laughed.

Karlie just groaned in response.

"Come on, let's have a cup of coffee in the kitchen while we wait" Taylor suggested.

"Sure" Karlie said and followed the singer into the next room.

They hung out in the kitchen and talked. Meanwhile Taylor got a text from both her mum and the CA member that each of them were on their way. She took a deep breath.

"You got this" Karlie tried to reassure her girlfriend. "Just take this seriously. Please." she added.

"Yeah" Taylor mumbled in response.

Soon enough, they heard a car pull up in the driveway. It was Andrea.

Karlie opened the door for her as Taylor's security guard had no clue about Taylor's situation. She figured that he knew something was up as Taylor's mum had come there so spontaneously, but he stayed professional and didn't ask about the circumstances.

"It's so good to see you, Karlie!" Andrea said excitedly as they entered the house. "How's senior year going? How are your classes? How are your sisters?"

Karlie laughed, appreciating the woman's interest in her life.

"It's all good. I should be in class like right now, but, yeah ..." she grinned.

"Hi mom!" a voice came from right next to them, startling the two.

"God, Taylor, you scared me" Andrea said. "Where are you?"

"I'm here! I'm going to hug you now!" Taylor announced and a second later Andrea could feel her daughter's arms around her.

"Hey honey" she said softly.

"This is weird ... I thought I was prepared but ... oh God" she added, tearing up.

"Shh, it's ok mom, we will find a way" Taylor tried to sooth her.

Karlie went into the kitchen to give them space.

"How are you feeling?" Andrea asked.

"I'm good, mom. I'm almost used to it by now, even. It's nice to not have to wear make-up when going out" she joked to lighten the mood again.

"You went outside?" Andrea asked. "But what if the invisibility suddenly got reversed and someone saw you? You didn't go alone right?"

"Yeah, about that ..." Taylor said and went towards the kitchen, tugging her mom's arm to signal where she was going.