Part Seventy-Seven - Bad Day

Start from the beginning

“I know, but I just thought I’d remind you.” I got engrossed in my work and didn’t respond, so he sat down next to me and pulled me into his lap. “I know you weren’t in the mood this morning, but I did make you a super fancy lunch. You owe me, now,” he reminded me.

“I’m still not in the mood for that, babe. I need to get things done.”

“You just got done with lunch, though. You deserve to take a break, first,” he convinced me. He shut my laptop and kissed me harshly on the lips, pushing me down on the couch.

“I told you I don’t want to,” I said.

“I bet I can change your mind,” he replied. He sucked on my neck and then pulled my shirt down so he could kiss me all over.

“What the hell do I have to say for you to understand that I want to work on my own things right now?” I asked, now truly mad. He wasn’t usually like this. In fact, he never was. He always understood when I wasn’t in the mood to do something.

“I’m sorry, but it’s been a week since we’ve done anything sexual at all. I just want you.”

“Well you’ll have to find a way to control your horniness, then, because I just want to get some things done so I can have some time to relax in Dallas tomorrow,” I broke it to him.

“You’re always working and getting things done,” Patrick whined.

“Weddings take a lot of work, especially this one. Didn’t you realize what you signed up for when you asked me to marry you?”

“I knew it would take a lot to make the wedding happen, but I sure didn’t know you were going to change,” he answered.

“How have I changed?”

“You don’t act like you’re that happy anymore. You never want to do anything even remotely romantic with me and half the time you’re in a terrible mood. You’re not fun to be around,” he confessed.

“I’m busy and stressed and I don’t want to be anymore. Sorry that I want to be done with all of this so I can have free time again. Did you ever think that maybe I’m trying to get to a point to where we can actually go out on dates again and have some fun?”

“No, that didn’t cross my mind. I’ve told you before that I’d hire a wedding planner so you can tell them everything you want and make them do all the work. I wish you would just let me do that for you.”

“Who hires a wedding planner three months before their wedding when they’ve already been working on it for a nine months?! It would be a waste of money. I would have done everything for nothing. I might as well just finish what I’ve started.”

“Fine, go ahead and get to work, then, and don’t let me help you,” Patrick retorted.

“By the time I explain everything you need to do so you can help, I could already have it done. You’ve helped me out a lot, believe me, but I don’t need your help anymore.”

“Okay, I get it. You don’t have to be so bitchy about it.” I wasn’t expecting that remark from him, and I didn’t like it. 

“Alright, sorry. I’ll stop being such a bitch, but don’t expect to get laid anytime soon,” I told him.

“Whatever. Tazer wants to hang out, so I’ll see you later,” he announced. He slipped a hoodie over his head, put his shoes on, grabbed his keys and headed out the door.

“Later, asshole,” I grumbled when he was gone.

Patrick’s POV