An Unexpected Visitor

Albus woke the next morning to gentle kisses on his shoulders and neck. He smiled and turned still half-asleep to press his lips against Scorpius', brushing his silken blonde hair out of his face.

"Morning," he croaked.

"Merry Christmas," said Scorpius gently, burying his head into the crook of Albus' neck and hugging him tightly. Albus breathed in the scent of his hair and felt the ache of love and longing swell up inside of him. He had never felt so utterly contented in his life than he did in this moment. This single moment, waking up next to the person he loved most in the world, was sheer perfection. He wanted to wake up like this every single day for the rest of his life.

Well, why shouldn't I? he thought boldly. Yes, why didn't he just do this every day? There was nothing in London that was really holding him back; he was already considering changing courses, he could come up to Edinburgh to study instead. And Pippa had already said Scorpius had thought about it, too...it was definitely something worth talking about. Of course, his mum and dad would be disappointed at the disruption in his studies, but it wasn't even like he was particularly passionate about Transfiguration, anway. Albus wasn't worried - he was sure even if his parents didn't understand they would support him regardless. He'd thought long and hard about what he really wanted in life. Well, here it was - here he was - in his arms. If he were perfectly honest, Albus didn't much care where he ended up - just so long as Scorpius was by his side, he'd be content to live in an igloo at the North Pole if need be.

Maybe not the North Pole, he thought ruefully, remembering how poor his ice-skating abilities were. Still, Scorpius would always be there to catch him if he fell.

The pleasant thought and sheer possibility of it took hold in his brain. He would definitely talk to Scorpius about this, see what his thoughts were on the matter. But right now, he was perfectly contented to stay exactly where he was, in his cosy bed with Scorpius wrapped up in his arms, watching the snow fall outside the bedroom window.

"Let's just stay here all day," he suggested playfully.

"Mmm, sounds good," murmured Scorpius. Albus could feel him smile against his skin, then heard his stomach rumble. "Okay, maybe grab some breakfast, then come back to bed."

Albus laughed and gave Scorpius another kiss before slipping out of bed. Scorpius rested his head on one elbow and watched Albus strut about the bedroom naked with a fond expression.

"Are you going to wander about the flat like that?" he asked lightly. Albus flashed him a wicked grin.

"Maybe," he teased. "Well, I would if your flat wasn't so bloody cold. It's like being back in the Slytherin Dungeons."

He scooped up Scorpius' shirt off of the floor and slipped it over his slim body, inspecting himself in the mirror. The sleeves and tail were too long for him, but short enough to showcase his tanned legs. He tried to flatten his bed-head hair sticking out in all directions, but to little effect. He and Scorpius' eyes met through the mirror and he smiled.

"How do I look?" he asked, striking a pose.

"Hot," smirked Scorpius. "The just-shagged look suits you."

"That's a relief. I think I'll be sporting the just-shagged look on a permanent basis now I'm with you," he joked.

"That can be arranged," replied Scorpius silkily, patting the empty space next to him. "If you come back to bed. You can keep that shirt on if you like?"

"I will in a minute," he promised, slipping out of the bedroom door. "After I've made our breakfast."

"You spoil me!" Scorpius called after him.