"Ah, it's nothing!" Sam put the kimono away and sprang up, "I'll be there in a minute! Okay?"

Sweat poured down her forehead. It was clear she wanted to hide something.

"Hmm, alright... But don't be late."

Sandy shrugged, unable to understand what such a sudden burst of emotions meant. However, she could feel her hostess didn't really wish to talk about it, so she left her and vanished again.

"Whew..." Sam let out a deep sigh of relief and got back to her kimono, putting the last ornament on it – the one of a golden phoenix. A satisfied smile covered her face: "Now this I call perfect!"

She carefully folded the kimono, grabbed it up in her hands and rushed out of the room. She accessed the highest floor of the palace and stopped at a giant golden door. Her heart was heavily pounding.

Well, here we are. Maybe it's better if I... don't do it? After all, I'm just a human. Lucy did say his brother doesn't really like humans. Maybe, he won't accept...

Tears came to her eyes. She frowned and wiped them off.

No, I mustn't lose my spirit! Just like mommy squirrel says, such a feeling visits us only once in a lifetime. I must not let this chance slide, I must go for it!

She mustered her courage and knocked on the door. A young boy's deep voice, which sounded like a soft melody to her ears, called out:

"Come in!"

She gulped and pushed the door with her trembling hands, making it creak. She peeped in. Hoshiro was sitting in his velvety armchair, writing something on one of his scrolls. When he heard the door creak, he raised his head and smiled:

"Oh, hello, Samantha!"

"H... Hello, Your Majesty..." Sam stepped in and closed the door behind her. "I... Do you have time to receive me?"

"Of course! Come over. What is it?"

"I..." Sam walked up to him and cast her eyes down. "I... Please accept this gift from me!" She bowed down and held out the folded kimono with both of her hands. "I must show you my gratitude for saving me!"

Hoshiro stared at her frozen for a minute, but then stretched out both of his hands and took the kimono. Sam, upon feeling his hands onto her ones, grew all red and looked up at him in awe.

Hoshiro unfolded the kimono. He gasped – it was so beautiful! White one – his favourite colour – with golden phoenix ornaments!

"Gorgeous..."

Sam went red like a tomato:

"He... hehe..."

"You made it?"

"Y... Yes."

She saw Hoshiro take off his kimono, exposing his muscular body.

He's... so good...

The young king put Sam's gifted kimono on and turned to her with a grin:

"Well, how do I look?"

"Gorgeous..." Sam's jaw dropped as she stared at the handsome guy dressed in the kimono she had sewed.

"Aww, thanks!" Hoshiro blushed. He rubbed her head: "You're so cute... Thanks for the amazing gift!"

Ah, he called me cute!

Sam went totally lovesick and dizzy. She fell forward and accidentally cuddled with Hoshiro's chest. Hoshiro widened his eyes and went all red himself. He grinned and embraced her in his arms.