6

PoV: Sonic

  Soft... fluffy... warm... I woke with Shadow next to me. Asleep and I'm free, this once the only one who did so. Why do you sleep while I could roam around? I looked at its face, marks from its eyes. I felt my own cheeks, its body was so similar to mine. Why does it move so differently? Do I have those marks too? What would make them? I remember how I would cry, tears roll down my cheeks. Shadow was crying.

  Why were you crying? It wasn't listening, hey! Why were you crying?! I still go no response. Hmm... maybe I'll just rip you white thing then. They weren't on its hands. This was frustrating, no one understood me. Come to think of it, they all do that talking thing. I wonder if I used to talk. Can I still do it now? I opened my mouth, it felt weird to do for something other than food or screaming. Nothing came out, I felt too scared to say anything. Me talking was bad, I remember that much. One word and I was punished for it. I'm never trying that again.

PoV: Shadow

  I woke up to Sonic fiddling with my hand again. He stopped moving after that, only for a little. His lips parted for a moment, but terror and horror stuck his eyes. Was he trying to speak?! He quickly closed his lips and curled up. He was crying and whimpering.

"Sonic, what's wrong?" I didn't care if it was a stupid question, I just wanted him to calm down, "I'm right here."

  He uncurled himself and I pulled him into my lap. He held onto me tight, he wasn't letting go anytime soon. I let him cry until he calmed down. I wiped his eyes and picked him up. There was no way I was putting him back in that kennel. It was early, Tails was the only one awake.

  I put him down on the ground if the living room. He looked around, no one else was here so he started looking at things. I watched him for a bit before making him some food. I took the first bite, like always, and fed him. Once Tails was down he hid behind me.

"Morning Sonic," Tails keeled down to say high, "hey Shadow."

"He's starting to have nightmares," I sighed, Sonic had started whimpering many times throughout the night, "night terrors could be next."

"Maybe," Tails smile as Sonic moved closer to him, "you hungry Sonic?"

"Already fed him," I answered.

"Well, that's good. Doesn't he have a doctor's appointment today?" Tails asked.

"I wasn't informed of one," I started texting G.U.N though my communicator, completely annoyed that I wasn't informed of this, "Tails, Sonic excuse me for a moment. I need to make a quick call."

"Sonic come here, you can listen to my heartbeat is you like," Sonic stayed back with Tails.

  I made sure Sonic wouldn't be able to hear me. I didn't want to startle him with my current rage.

"Agent Shadow, why have you called?" I was answered.

"Does Sonic have an appointment today?" I growled.

"For a checkup yes. He has one with a doctor. His brother Tails will be talking with a therapist to evaluate his condition," they replied.

"I want you to listen well, and write this down on the front of Sonic's file right now," I growled.

"Um... alright," I heard typing and click, "his file is open."

"From this moment on, any notice on Sonic will go through me first for my approval. No action is made on Sonic until I have certified it, no matter what the commander says. Do you understand?" I ordered.

"Y-yes, sir. I'll make the memo clear to everyone here."

"Good, you may notify me through a message. No calls, do you understand?" I asked.

"Yes, sir."

"Very well, resume your post," I hung up.

PoV: Sonic

  I started to like yellow and white. It was nice to me, but I liked it differently from how I liked Shadow. I liked how quiet it was, no scary noises. It was only when the other ones cane that there was so much more noise. I didn't like being surrounded by them, it was scary.

  Shadow came back, it sat down on the thing in the room. I didn't know what it was, but it was squishy.

"He's going to get scared," white and yellow said.

"I know that, but the doctor's already on his way. They're sending a therapist as well, to evaluate him," Shadow replied.

  What's a therie-tist thingy? Hey Shadow what it that therie- thingy? Also, what's a doctor?

"That's annoying," yellow and white stated.

  You not answering me is a little annoying.

"Well after this, no one else is allowed to make orders on Sonic without my permission first," I pulled on his hand.

  He started scratching my chin, oh it felt amazing. He moved to my ear, that was still was best.

"He purring."

"He's healing, slowly," he stopped scratching me and I nipped his hand, "hey, cut that out."

  No, go back to what you were doing. I'll take you white thing, I started pulling off his hand.

"Sonic leave my gloves alone," these are gloves?

"I wonder why he always plays with your hands," yellow and white said.

"I think I know why, Tails lay down on the ground for a bit," Shadow pulled it's hand away, hey I wasn't done.

  Yellow and white was laying on the ground. Shadow fell asleep when it did that, was this one going to do the same? Why? It wasn't moving, not much anyway. Shadow pushed me a little to go up to it.

"Shadow what's the point of this?"

"Shh."

PoV: Tails

  I wasn't asleep, but Sonic was circling me. He sniffed my hand, I found it hard not to laugh. He sat next to me, as sorta just looked at me. I didn't know what he was thinking, but he laid down at my side. His ear pressed against my chest. It flickered every once in a while, but he didn't move.

  After a while, Shadow got up and started walking around. He smiled when he walked around to see Sonic, I had never seen him just smile.

"What is it?" I asked.

"He fell asleep," Shadow replied, "come on, nap time."

Shadow lifted him off me and laid him on the couch.

"What was that?" I asked.

"Sonic trusting you."

  TAP! TAP! TAP! The doctor was here. Just from the sound Sonic woke up and hid. He didn't even know about the doctor and he was terrified. He started whimpering. All because the doctor went, tap tap tap.

~~~

  Well, I wonder how Sonic will react to the Doctor. We'll just have.to wait and see.

  Bye bye ~ 😄