Chapter one

Andrew is gone for a week and I miss him so much. My best friend Claire is going to be here soon so that she can get me ready a blind date that she has organized.

Claire and I have been friends since we were in kindergarten it all started when a boy pushed me down Claire came and push him down and help me up. She was even there through out my divorced she always hugged me and be by my side, to me she is more than a friend she is my sister. Claire was 5'2 with long blonde hair that extended down to her back, she also had light blue eyes.

"Lacy I'm here, where you at?" Claire she's not even knocking the door before entering.

"I am in the living room!" I yelled.

"I see knocking isn't your thing," I said as she stepped into the living.

"Then you shouldn't of given me a spare key," she said.

"I gave you that in case of an emergency," I said.

"This an emergency you need to dressed up so you can get laid tonight," she said with her hands on her hips.

"I am not going to sleep with a guy I just met what if he has an STD or an STI," I said.

"Oh shut up and have some fun once in your life," she said.

"OK, whatever," I said getting up "So what are you starting on?" I asked.

"Your makeup then we move up from their," she said.

"Wait time does the date start?" I asked.

"At 9:00,"

"OK," then she started doing my makeup then finished everything with only 30 minutes to spare.

"Wow you really did out do yourself thank you," I said.

"Aww you don't have to thank me," she said.

My makeup was very light.

I grabbed all my things and put them in my purse then started heading towards the door.

"You can stay as long as you like, just don't destroy my house," I yelled from the door.

"OK," she yelled from my room.

With that said I left to go to my date.