30| even if your love life wasn't going well, there was no reason to ruin mine!

Jungkook—

Ju Hyun played with her fingers as she awkwardly began speaking. It was like her confidence had suddenly turned a one-eighty. "So...uh...when your parents were in Busan, they happened to run into mine, and I really don't know the details, but the proposition of us being wedded was the result. At the time I was already dating someone that I was serious about and loved, no love. I was unaware that something like this would happen, until my parents returned from their trip and told me that I would be marrying some guy that I've never met before in my life."

I snorted at that, "I'm flattered that you think so highly of me." She sent me a glare, making me raise my hands in surrender. "Go ahead, go ahead."

Ju Hyun rolled her eyes and sighed through her nose, before continuing. "So, I told my girlfriend about it, and well...it didn't end well."

I raised my hand up, signaling her to stop. "Wait, wait, wait...you're lesbian?" She raised an eyebrow and frowned, "yeah. Got a problem?" I scoffed, and crossed my arms, "you saw me earlier; I'm dating a guy. What makes you think that I would judge if you're dating a girl?" The tension in her seemed to deflate, and she visibly relaxed; even smiled, slightly. "Thanks. Anyway, the girl I was dating, Seulgi, didn't really take it well and went out drinking. I found her at the bar hanging over some dude, and got really pissed. In the spur of the moment, I didn't think straight (a/n: heh, puns) and agreed to get engaged with you."

Blinking, in surprise, I slowly processed what Ju Hyun had just told me. "So...you're telling me that I'm basically a rebound? Are you kidding me? Even if your love life wasn't going well, there was no reason to ruin mine!" I shouted. She raised a finger, to silence me. "Well, technically I didn't know that you had one in the first place. You weren't really specific on that topic. Not to mention that I didn't know who your boyfriend was at the time. Yes, it was partially my fault, but it was also slightly yours." I groaned, and grabbed a pillow, pressing it to my face.

After a moment of pregnant silence, I looked up from the pillow to peer at the girl before me. "So, why are you telling me this now?" She pressed her lips together, before answering. "Well, it was mainly because I felt bad. My room is right next to yours and I heard you crying and screaming. Not to mention how desperate you looked when...Taehyung? When he left the room without looking back at you." Surprisingly I wasn't even the slightest bit embarrassed that she saw how weak I was. Only for Taehyung. I'll only be weak for Taehyung. He's changed me in more ways than one, that's for certain.

Ju Hyun cleared her throat, before continuing with her confession. "And, it was also because I found out that the guy Seulgi was hanging out with was actually her older brother who came back from the army." A red flush spread over the girl's cheeks, as she averted her gaze. "I'm so fucking stupid," she chuckled, tears forming in her eyes. Pity washed over me, causing me to wrap my arms around her. "I guess we're both stupid." Her shoulders moved when she choked out a laugh.

"I guess."

We held each other for a few moments before it got too awkward. I slipped my arms away, and cleared my throat. "So..." Ju Hyun spoke up, abruptly, probably trying to ease the tension between us. "What's your story with Taehyung?" I smiled at the thought of the silver-haired male. "He and I were friends since middle school and went to the same high school. I guess along the years he'd developed a crush on me and I was completely oblivious to his feelings. Well, until sophomore year. My personality and mindset had changed during that time and I thought of my hyung as overly clingy and sickeningly bubbly and sweet." Ju Hyun snorted, "aren't those usually good qualities?" I shrugged my shoulders, sheepishly, "I was just a kid give me a break."

The latter only chuckled and waved her hand for me to continue. "Well, I was complaining to one of my friends one day about him, and I kind of got the hint that Taehyung actually liked me, and that annoyed me more. Knowing that this man child had a crush on me made me even angrier, because I didn't want him to constantly trail behind me like a lost puppy. I hated it." I shook my head, at the memories. "That same day I was really aggravated and left the lunch table and he followed me out. He was genuinely concerned about me but I lashed out at him and humiliated him in front of a lot of people." My smiled slipped off, as I got closer to the darker bits in the story. "Later I moved to America and developed anxiety out of thin air. I only realized that it was a guilt disorder once I moved back to Seoul this year."

I sighed, thinking over everything that happened in the past few months. We have really come a long way. "So? Keep going? This is getting good," Ju Hyun encouraged me. I quirked a smiled, before speaking again. "When I came back Taehyung was a completely different person. He'd grown a bit bigger and he got stronger. He bullied kids that harassed others who were weaker than them, to vent his anger and bitterness. He went out to clubs and had sex with random girls and even fraternized with one of his teachers. He even broke a car window with his own fist once because some guy was cat-calling him out on the streets." I felt a low fire in my stomach at the thought of that man. The police had managed to catch him and throw him in jail for attempted murder, thank God. Good riddance.

"It took a bit of effort but I managed to get him to be my friend, and along the way he found out about my anxiety and helped me out with it. I began developing feelings for him real quickly and then we started dating after he took me out to see the cherry blossoms." I smiled, finishing the story off, not wanting to include Taehyung's recent accident. It'd only dampen the mood. Ju Hyun gave me a soft smile, "it sounds like you two went through hell and back to be together. Now I feel like a bigger asshole for making him misunderstand about us." I shook my head, and laid down on my back, laying my hands on my stomach. "I love him, and yeah you are an asshole, but I guess I can't fault you. I'll forgive you." She snorted, "it sounds like you're doing me a favor."

Shrugging, I grinned, "take it however you want."

We were silent for moment until Ju Hyun asked me a question.

"So what are you going to do?"

"Mother? Father? I have something to tell you," I declared, as I stepped into the living room, Ju Hyun behind me. Mother raised an amused eyebrow at the two of us, "finally getting along are we?" Father smirked, "it was about time, as well. We're preparing your wedding in two days." I narrowed my eyes, at their comments. They always had their way with me ever since I was a child. I was always swept along without uttering a single one of my opinions. It never really bothered me, but with this situation it irritated me immensely.

I crossed my arms across my chest, and tossed my car keys. It landed in Father's lap with a tiny clink. He blinked down at the keys, not knowing how to react. "What is this for?" I sighed through my nose and kept my face passive and blank. "The only thing you two ever gave me was that car. My phone, I bought on my own, the money in my cards I earned with my own two hands. That car was a gift for my seventeenth birthday, and you only gave it to me because you need me to come to you quicker. There is nothing else that you've ever given me that hasn't grown old with age or broken on its own."

Mother frowned slightly, narrowing her eyes. "Where is this going, Jungkook?"

I glanced back at Ju Hyun who gave me a confident nod. Steeling my nerves, I turned back to face my parents and spoke clearly and loudly.

"I am gay."

OOHOOHOOOOOOO JUNGKOOKIE JEONNNNN!

I'm not extra ._.

-Author-nim