The Twins, the Race, and the Trees

Zacznij od początku

"What was that?" Leo asked, panting.

"You won!" Pisces yelled.

Leo looked around in confusion. "How? I was so far behind?"

"Super speed. Your power is super speed," Virgo said, recovering. She lifted herself off the ground.

"Oh, sorry Virgo,"  Leo apologized for knocking the girl down.

Suddenly, Nye came flying to the finish line. "Did you guys see the flash of light too?"

"Yeah," Leo said.

Nye's attention went to her. "Wait. You were behind me."

"I was the flash of light," Leo smirked. "My power is super speed."

"That's really cool," Nye said, nodding numbly.

"Can somebody explain to me why Gem is clinging to my arm?" Cancer asked in exasperation.

"You're Cap's replacement until further notice," Gem decided.

"Good luck with that," Taurus told Cancer.

Cancer sighed while everyone else laughed. They went on to walk over to where the moving contest would be happening. Capricorn and Gem's task was simply to replant a sapling. Simple enough, especially with powers. Gem sat down on the ground a few feet away from the plant and shovel, while Capricorn sat right next to it.

"Three... two... one... go!" Pisces shouted.

Capricorn started aggressively digging into the ground with his shovel. He moved at a pretty fast rate, but not compared to Gem. Gem had used her powers to take a huge clump of dirt out all at once. She then proceeded to unpot her sapling and shove it in the ground. She put the dirt where it belonged, barely lifting a finger.

Capricorn, whom hadn't looked up, was still going, a few minutes behind. He un-potted the plant and put it in the ground. He carefully replanted the sapling into the ground and spread the dirt evenly around it. He looked up only to be defeated.

"I can't believe this!" Capricorn groaned.

"It's not your fault, you just chose a really poor competition," Gem assured him.

"Still, mine was done more carefully. I bet it'll grow bigger and stronger and faster," Capricorn argued.

"That doesn't come from replanting it," Sagittarius chimed in.

"It will grow faster, I'm sure of it. It will." Suddenly Capricorn's sapling was growing into a large, full grown tree, in mere seconds. Everyone stared at it.

"I think I can control nature." Capricorn stepped back from his creation.

"That means I'm the only one without powers," Virgo sighed.

"I hope you get them fast, because you have one day left before a war starts," Scorpio whispered, although everyone could hear.

That sent a shiver down everyone's spine. People drifted closer to their loved ones. Capricorn and Gem started clinging to each other's hand. Leo and Nye were hugging each other. Taurus was (once again) on Aquarius' back. Scorpio has wrapped his arms around Libra. Aries rested his head on Sagittarius' shoulders. The three lonely losers stood together.

"It's been one hell of a ride," Pisces smiled.

"I'd trade my life to go back and do it one more time," Gem mentioned.

"We'll all be together after this is all over," Cancer reassured herself. "And then we can all make more memories."

"I won't leave you, Cancer," Virgo promised.

" I never want to leave any of you," Aries sniffled.

"Hey, everyone gather around." Nye announced. All thirteen of them got into a circle and started to hold hands. Scorpio reaches his hand out to Cancer.

"Hey, take my hand?" Scorpio asked, pushing his hair out of his face. "We'll make it, I swear."

"Woah, Livin' on a prayer." Cancer smiled, taking it.

Everyone else joined hands, creating a circle of thirteen. Each clasped each other tightly, as if they were scared to let go. And, most of them would deny it, they were. They needed to hold on. They were a family. A broken one, sure. But throughout all the hardships they had encountered, they couldn't be anything less.

The group stood together and smiled.

"We're gonna take Ms Mal down, and then we can be all together for the rest of our lives," Nye told everyone.

——————

Hey! FlipFlop is here! With an earlier than usual update! Question of the chapter: who's your favorite character in this story? -Teaser below-