III. The Ungodly Machine

Start from the beginning

"How much water are we going to put in there?" Joey commented.

They finally decided to check the box to see if they made any progress, only to realize that nothing had happened and that the water had seemingly disappeared.

"It's eating it! It just sucked it all down." Joey realized. What the heck? Is it like a drain or something? Alexa took a closer look at the box, and Joey was right. It was like all the water had just disappeared.

"Where did it go?" Andrea asked.

"I don't know. Keep filling it." Joey said.

"More?" Oli and Alexa asked simultaneously.

"Yeah." Joey responded. Oli continued to pour the water in, but still, nothing happened.

"This isn't working. I don't think we did this right." Alexa realized.

"Yeah, you're right. Should we pour the water back into vase?" Joey asked.

"I think so." Alexa admitted.

Oli and Joey lifted the box and began to pour the water out of the box back into the vase, only for most of the water to spill on the floor and table.

"This is not a good idea!" Oli realized as they began to pour the water out, and he repeated it as the water spilled out.

"Woah, woah, woah." Alexa said. She quickly moved closer to them and helped set down the box.

As they set it down the water splashed out of the box and some hit Alexa's gloves.

"Great, now my gloves are wet." Alexa said.

"That was the worst idea ever." Oli realized as Joey laughed. Alexa smiled at Oli's remark.

Alexa began shaking her gloves to dry them off and walked away from Oli and Joey.

"Stupid box." Alexa muttered as she flapped her arms.

"You look like a bird." Oli lightheartedly joked, laughing.

"Shut up. Says the guy whose coat is bigger than himself." Alexa said as she turned to him.

"Hey, it's very comfy, okay!" Oli said back. He and Alexa began to laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation they were in, and even Joey laughed at the pair's ridiculous jokes.

"Okay, back to the task at hand." Joey said once he finished laughing.

"Alright, let's try figuring this out." Alexa said, even though she was still continuing to flap her arms in an attempt to dry off her gloves.

"Okay, wait, maybe this will work." Oli realized as he grabbed a flower and put it down the seemingly never ending hole in the box.

"What are you doing?" Joey asked. "Are you fishing? Are you plunging?" Andrea asked.

Suddenly Oli began pulling out something from the box.

Joey gasped. "What is that?" He asked.

"I've got it, I've got it, yes!" Oli cheered as he took out the item. He handed it to Joey and Oli smiled triumphantly.