III. The Ungodly Machine

Joey opened the doors and the terrified guests ran back into the house

Joey opened the doors and the terrified guests ran back into the house. Some screamed obscenities, some were questioning what just happened, and some were just silent. Alexa, and probably everyone else, was stuck thinking, Holy shit, the car just exploded!

Why the heck did that happen? Is the car driver okay? He's probably dead, oh god. Does that mean we're stuck here and that we'll have to kill someone. God, this is terrible.

Alexa was horrified. She didn't want anyone else to die. This was horrible! They were here for a party, not a suicide mission! Why couldn't the Society Against Evil, whoever they were, have warned them in advance and just sent a bunch of their agents in their places? Then again, they probably didn't want any of their own dying, but that didn't mean it was okay to send them to this place to unknowingly die!

Soon enough the panicking died down, or at least just internalized by everyone, and everyone in the group that was left decided to figure out what was going on, and move from there.

As they were deciding what to do, Sarah walked in with a new box.

Alexa was immediately put off by the strange box, since the last time Sarah, the maid who just murdered someone, came in with a box it was one of her victims' heads. Okay, she didn't know if it was one of her victims' heads, but she just had a gut feeling it was.

"This arrived in the post earlier today." Sarah said. She lifted up the box to reveal a tattooed amputated arm encased in glass.

The reveal was met by the screams and disgust of the guests, yet Sarah stayed calm and said nothing.

"What the hell is that!" Eva shouted. "What is wrong with you! Why do you have this?" Alexa yelled at Sarah. She was met with no response as Sarah glanced at her and creepily stared off into the distance.

There was an engraving on the glass casing of the hand, which Glozell quickly read aloud.

"Her essence can speak to you through the spirit board." She said.

"I am not messing with demons! I know that we probably have already messed with Satan himself just by being here, but I am not doing that! No way." Alexa said. She quickly walked to the couch and sat down.

Alexa had a massive fear of demons, ghosts, and really anything supernatural. As a kid she would hide whenever she saw a scary movie, and she absolutely hated Halloween, to the point where her older brother would have to drag her outside in her stupid princess costume and have to give her half his candy at the end of the night to make her happy again.

While she wasn't as scared of it as she was when she was younger, she still was incredibly frightened by anything supernatural and she knew that this was the place of her nightmares. What was once a fun party had become a bloodbath in mere minutes, and she still found it hard to process the fact that they would have to add more people to the already high body count.