III. The Ungodly Machine

Comenzar desde el principio

Eventually, Justine read out an incantation and they realized they had to find books with a satanic symbol on it.

Alexa quickly set down a book with the symbol that she had already found and began looking again. She found a second book stored away in the library and set it down on the table. They quickly organized the books into numerical order and set them in front of the hand.

Oli soon realized that the arrows were directions for which ways to turn the dial, and when they turned it those ways the lights next to the hand lit up.

Suddenly a strange voice said a set of numbers as the lights above them flickered. Alexa slightly jumped at the sudden voice and her hands automatically wrapped around Oli's arm, and when realizing how weird and awkward that was, she quickly apologized once the rather creepy voice was finished talking.

"Sorry." She said. Oli smiled and said, "It's fine." Alexa nodded and let go as she realized something.

"Wait, he said 3547. Maybe it's the code." Alexa realized. She rushed over to the locked box and put in the code. She opened it to find chess pieces.

They reached in and took out the set of chess pieces. They soon realized that there was a chess board nearby. Joey took out a letter inside of the box and realized it was telling a story that they had to follow.

Justine and Sierra sat down at the table and moved the pieces in the order that the letter told them to. Once they finished a drawer popped out of the table, revealing another letter.

Oli carefully took the paper and read it aloud. "Today's experiment was a success. The machine was able to consume the life force of two college students and produce an ungodly monster. However the machine's demand for power is endless. I'm using an ancient artifact with an- artifact, that's what we need to find, with an origin that I do not wish to know, as a source, but it has come with a price. My mind can no longer distinguish between reality and nightmare. I've locked the key to the machine inside the green cabinet in the ballroom, but my scattered mind can not recall where I left the combination on the first floor. All the thoughts I can hold are the four elements of triangles I learned as a boy. Fire, water, air, and earth."

Alexa began searching for any objects that matched the symbols of the elements. She went with Joey, Oli, and Andrea to search for the symbols.

Oli looked at a nearby box and told them something. "Hey look, there's the symbol on the box here." He said.

"What do we do?" Joey wondered.

The items before them were a wooden box with a hole in it and a bouquet of flowers beside it, and it was clear that they had to do something with them, but what exactly?

"Maybe we put something in there." Joey said.

"What would fit in there? A lightbulb?" Andrea wondered. She tested her theory out, but it didn't work.

What would we put into it? Different flowers? A cap? A figurine? A plate? I'm not sure.

"Wait, this is water." Oli realized.

"Oh." Joey said. Oh my god, of course it's that. They realized that they may have to pour the water inside the vase inside the box.

Oli and Joey carried the vase over to the box and Oli poured the water in. Yet, still, nothing happened. Oli continued to pour the water into the box, nonetheless.