Yokai Hunters Academy

Start from the beginning

"Are you sure you don't need to bring an extra widdle teddy bear?" said Neko as he sniggered uncontrollably.

Laura took Neko up in a headlock. "Can it cat! Or no more yarn balls for 3 weeks!"

"AWWWWWWW!!!" said Neko. "NO FAIR!!"

"Well I take it you all understand the circumstances." said the Yokai Hunter with a bow. "And oh dear...my apologies, I seem to have forgotten my manners and not introduced myself. I am Sato Hayate...Sato being my family name of course, and Hayate being my given name."

Hayate smiled politely. "I am also known as the top recruiter for my region, so I'm usually sent to pick up our most interesting students!"

"Oh! Does that mean I made the top score!?" asked Laura excitedly.

"No, actually, out of the 5 that made it, you were dead last." said Hayate cheerfully.

"...wait...WHAAAT!!?" Laura's jaw dropped open. That means that snob Lilly beat my score!! RRRRAAAARRGGGGGHHHH!!!!

"And when you count that 10 points were added thanks to your brother writing a letter of recommendation." said Hayate. "Had it not been for the letter, you would have had the worst score out of everyone who tested!"

"Y-you're kidding me!" said Laura sinking to her knees as her face went pale. I studied for hours....I had Yuki test me every day of the week...I spent more on textbooks every month then I did on food..."

"Well according to the analyzers of the tests, they believe that while you are a dilligent young girl, they think that your study methods might not be the best kind." said Hayate. "No worries, you've already been assigned a tutor whom I am sure will be more then capable of bringing you up to the standard...on another note, the reason I've been sent to collect you, is because of your yokai heritage. The third strongest of the Seven Bridges, the Chained Maiden, well that's a pretty big addition to the school especially given we already have the 2nd and 4th strongest, the Flaming King and the Dragon Dancer."

"Yuki remembers the Flaming King." said Yuki. "He is said to be born part Kitsune." (Kitsune are fox yokai that gain a tail for every 100 years, usually gaining a maximum of 9, it is said they have manipulation over fox fire.)

"Yes, every one of the Seven Bridges were born of a known species of yokai." said Hayate. "All except the Chained Maiden. You Laura, were born of a species of yokai that remains undiscovered, your father was quite unique...that actually boosted the Academy's interest in you, despite the reports of your reckless behavior."

"So..I got in because of my family." said Laura. "And a whole lot of dumb luck."

"That's right!!" said Hayate a sparkle appearing on his pearly white smiling teeth.

".....fine, I'll take it.." said Laura as a flame began to appear in her eyes. "That'll just give me more time to prove those dorks wrong!!! YEAH!! I'm like Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail when he's about to say.."

"I'm all fired up!!" interupted Neko.

"Aw come on! I wanted to say that!!" said Laura knocking Neko on the head.

"My, she really loves her manga and anime.." said Hayate.

"Ojosama is what you would call a hard core collector." said Yuki.

_______________________

It took only 1 hour to get packed all in all. Considering that usually the most fashionable item Laura ever wore was her beret, She wasn't all too picky about packing clothes..especially since Hayate said uniforms would be provided upon arival.