3

There was a horrid feeling of dread around Hogwarts with the dements around, it was almost suffocating. Most were their usually cheery self but the skies were grey and there were so many nerves about Sirius. I looked over at Ron tiredly as we sat around the small table on some cushions, we had tea cups in front of us. Fred and George had told me how boring divination was, I always shrugged them off, but now I finally understood. Harry and Ron were half asleep while I was more interested in the bug that was making its way across the floor.

"I am professor Trelawney. Together, we shall cast ourselves into the future. But know this. One either has the gift or not. It cannot be divined from the pages of a book. Books only cloud ones inner eye." Professor Trelawney was an odd looking woman, with large glasses who did her best to project her voice in mysterious ways.

"What rubbish." Hermione whispered from the spot where she had somehow appeared in, both Ron and I turned to her in shock before sharing a look of confusion.

"Where did you come from?" Ron asked and I looked at her warily, watching as she looked at us both confused.

"Me? I've been here the whole time." She said as if we were stupid and I realised my eyebrow, but turned back to our professor who was crossing the classroom to Neville.

"You, boy! Is your grandmother well?" She loudly asked Neville who looked at her in fear. She picked up his cup and examined the residue at the bottom.

"I think so." He replied nervously.

"I wouldn't be so sure of that." She said quickly before placing the cup down in front of Neville who looked terrified. She quickly walked towards our table, looking over Harry and then to me. Ron picked up our cups and looked at them, for a second I loose interest, focusing only on the piece of thread from my robe. But my focus was turned to Professor Trelawney as she gasped loudly, holding both mine and Harry's cups in her hands.

"What is it professor?" Parvati asked from behind us.

"My dear children. You have the grim." As much as this woman was in my eyes, quite mental, something about the look on her face shifted something inside of me. Both Harry and I shared a look of uncertainty before we looked back to Trelawney.

"The Grin? What's the Grin?" Seamus asked from beside us and I rolled my eyes.

"Not grin you idiot. The Grim." Parvati corrected the boy in annoyance.

"But what does it mean, Professor?" Dean Thomas asked and I turned back to Trelawney.

"The Grim.." Lavender spoke from the back of the classroom "Taking the form of a giant spectral dog, it is among the darkest omens in our world. It is a omen... of death." Lavender quietly spoke thr last two words and my gaze widened before I turned to my friends, a horrid feeling making its way up my spine as I swallowed harshly, Harry looked back down at his cup while Hermione rolled her eyes, not believing a word the woman spoke.

***
I parted with my friends before our next class, going to the bathroom and splashing my face with water, I pushed the thought of the tea leaves to the back of my mind. But still, I was deep in which meant I wasn't focusing on where I was going. As I walked down the path to Hagrids hut for my next lesson, I missed a step which sent me harshly to the ground. As I groaned and brushed off my legs, taking a second to regain my composure, someone shoved their hand in my face. Slowly, I looked up at the white haired boy and who wore a look on anger.

"Well are you going to take it or not?" He spat and I stared at his hand and pondered it for a moment, eventually I accepted his offer and took his hand. As he helped me up, he looked over my shoulder, immediately he dropped our hands and pushed me back so I'd fall again. I looked up at him in shock and he stared back down at me. "As if I'd help someone like you." He laughed and I looked over my shoulder, seeing his friends laughing at the moment. I turned back to the boy and smiled.