"Why'd you stop?" I asked, hoping to keep the conversation going.

He shrugged, looking down at his hands. "I guess I just grew up. But I mean, I still go here every now and then."

"Welcome to Sally's, what can I get you?" The waitress purred to Connor. Her blouse was way too tight, her breasts nearly spilling out.

"Yeah, a new waitress." Connor snapped, not looking up once. I tried to hide my laughter by faking a cough attack as the blonde's jaw dropped and she scampered away.

"That was rude!" I hissed at Connor despite the laughter bursting from me. He just smirked as an elderly waitress came up to us.

"Hello dearies, what can I do for ya?" She asked, smiling.

"Can we have two slices of the blueberry pie, and two decaf coffees." Connor said politely.

She smiled as she wrote down the orders. "Haven't seen you here in a while, Connor Michaels.  Lat time you were here..." She paused glancing at me, "Oh never mind." She then headed off to the kitchen.

"What was that?" I asked, playing with the hem of my dress.

"Nothing," he quickly replied, "So, UPenn? Really?"

"Changing the subject? Really?" I countered. I watched as Connor let out his carefree laugh.

"Here you are," Sue, the waitress, announced placing down the tray before walking off.

10 minutes later

I am in heaven.

Connor watched as I scarfed down my second piece of pie. This is without doubt the best pie I've ever had.

"Nomph yum umbr You gonna eat that?" I asked as Connor played with his first piece with his fork.

"No, no, go ahead." He said, his eyes twinkling with amusement. I quickly grabbed his plate, eating his piece within a record of three minutes. When I finished I leaned back in the booth, sighing with contempt.

"You enjoyed it?" Sue asked, piling the plates and cups onto the tray. I nodded meekly, wiping my mouth with my napkin for any leftover remnants stuck on my face. Sue handed us the bill as she headed off to the counter.

"Ready to go?" Connor asked after placing a twenty down.

"Sure," I replied, following him out of the coffee shop. As I took my seat in the car, I realized something.

"Oh gosh, my bracelet is missing!" I said, "I must have left it in the diner!" Connor made a move to get out of the car, but I stopped him.

"No!" He turned to me, surprised, "I can go get it." I quickly got out of the car and headed back into the diner.

"Um, Sue?"

"Oh, hello there." Sue said, her warm smile all over her face.

"What were you going to say about Connor?" I asked. Finally, I thought to myself, throughout the whole time there, this had been on my mind. I watched as her smile faded a bit and she glanced around nervously.

"I- I- I can't-"

"It's okay, I won't say anything, I just am curious." I reassured her.

"Okay... well it seems that every time Connor comes here, he has a new gal." I raised my eyebrow, that's the Connor I know. "Anyways, I have been watching him for quite a while, and he is very well know around here."

"How so?" I asked, genuinely interested.

"Well, sometimes I listen into the conversations of other people, and this one girl and her friend were talking about him. I had recognized them both come here separately with Connor, and from what I heard, this is his thing- his little go to act." Sue admitted, fiddling with her hands.