Ch 9 Connor's Chance

________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER 9

Connor's POV

"Dude, she's lying to you." James said lazily, falling onto the coach lazily. I scowled and sat down in the armchair next to him.

"Yeah, man, I saw it with my own eyes." Matt said, sprawled out on the other couch. I cursed and glared at them both.

"I warned her what would happen." I said, curtly. Matt and James exchanged looks before one of the spoke.

"Listen Connor, you've always been known as the guy who gets the girl. When other guys find out that Liam is getting closer to her, she's going to be seen as free meat." Matt said with a shrug as he turned on the TV. I frowned as I thought about this- Matt was right.

"What am I supposed to do? Beat the crap out of Liam because he talked to Bella?"

"I don't get it." I turned to look at James, who was now sitting up, his brows furrowed in thought.

"What?"  I asked

"You normally get the girl in a matter of minutes, hours, days. But with Bella, it's different. It's been nearly a week." James pointed out.

"Well remember Sarah? It took me two months to break her." I pointed out. "Oh and remember Anna? She took me nearly three and a half months." Matt and James both nodded.

"We were worried for a second that you were going soft."

I scoffed and looked at them. "Like I would ever go soft for someone. Bella is no different from the rest. Sure, she's entertaining and very stubborn, but in the end, she'll crack and give into me."

Sure, when we kissed, it was amazing. Something about her made me what to be with her, get closer to her. And yeah, it pissed me off that she wanted nothing to do with me. But I can't let myself fall for her, that won't happen.

"Bella, is a nice girl... I'd hate to see her get hurt." Matt said, mostly to himself. I exchanged looks with a surprised James.

What? Does Matt now like her too??

And you know what? That made me angry.

Wait what?

Oh no. Do I have competition to get her?

Guess I'm going to have to try another technique.

________________________________________________________________

Bella's POV

I woke up extra early, and begged my mum to go with my dad to work so that I could take my mum's car. I had spent nearly twenty minutes trying to cover up the large hickey on my neck, and even now, there was a faint shade of purple leftover.

I was just about to get into the car, when I heard the familiar roar of an engine- a motorcycle's engine. I looked up to see Connor pulling off his helmet, a grin stretched across his face.

"Bells, I take you to school now. Remember?" Connor asked. I let out a short laugh and began climbing into the car. I tried to close the door, only to have it be held back.

"Connor what are you doing?" I snapped, glaring at him.

"Come on Bella, don't be stubborn." He said, gripping the door firmly in place. Even then, I continued to tug effortlessly at the handle in attempt to budge it. Suddenly Connor's face lit up and he smiled.

"What?" I asked suspiciously, leaning away.  Connor leaned down, ducking his head into the car.

"Let's ditch." He said, his eyes bright. I frowned and shook my head in disbelief, putting the keys in the ignition.