Dao-Ming

• Dedicated to The Readers

[NOTE: DO NOT LISTEN TO MEDIA MUSIC BEFORE READING "RAMONA PART TWO" NEAR THE END OF THE BOOK. It is acceptable to read it before everything else, because of how I split the chapters up.

This chapter is supposed to make our baby a little neurotic, depressed mess. Happy reading!]

Dedicated to the many who read the Author's Letter. THANK YOU!

The first one was at a Wammy's Reunion. I don't usually show, but I made an exception this time. They happen yearly, because who doesn't want to chum around with the friends and fiends they spent their entire childhood with? Education, boarding, meals, recreation, religious services, and anything else one may do during their childhood happens within the walls. That doesn't mean they didn't venture outside, they did, and some were chaperoned to sports tournaments, the hospital had the need arise, and field trips. I never went outside until I was adult, purely by choice. Except for a weekend jumping from specialist to quack specialist. That was it.

And I was only a twenty year old man, then- not like I am much older now, but it was a detail.

She had long, black hair that hung to her prim and proper bottom. Her face was more European in structure, lacking the traditional Chinese moon face, but still kept the recognizable eyes. Her name was Dao-Ming, meaning shining path. I learned that piece of trivia after the reunion. She came with Lucas Davis, the CEO of a growing international shipping company (primarily trans-pacific shipping) that started in Astoria, Oregon in the US. It is truly amazing what you hear when you do not speak. In the later hours of the evening, Lucas became a roaring, blushing, drunken fool of himself, and she stormed off, over to me. I could have made a shining path of my own, but I would not allow it. She shouted something in Chinese to Lucas, while crawling on me like a spider.

This attention wasn't so much magnified by my social hermitage, but the lack of information flowing that night allowed her actions to be my only focus at default.

Eventually, she scampered off, arm in arm with him, but gave a dainty wave in my direction.

"Ryuzaki, what are you doing?"

"Hello, Watari."

"Who was that?"

"Dao-Ming."

"Do you know her?"

"No."

I suppose simple trivia has proven the most reliable way to get information from me, truth is easily separated from lies. There is no part truth, or part fib, it is black and white.

The rest of the party flew by. Like a bird. Wild birds, unlike the pigeons that wait and wander the concrete forests. They don't run when I walk near, their gray heads bobbing away at me.

In truth, I had begun to feel as if I was being asphyxiated on my own vomit about a good 35% of my time. Helpless, sick, and choking to death. No one wanted to lay a hand on me. Revolting mess. The feeling of falling and being stuck was all my legs could register as they ached, following the pains I imagined there. Something physical, something to soothe the burn with obvious, describable pain. Recognizable pain.

After people started leaving, I decided to go introduce myself. I've been told to do this on a number of occasions, but, I never have.

I.

Didn't.

Know.

What.

To.

Say.

Her eyes flashed surprise, but turned as if she was looking at a decomposing carcass.

She was looking at me.