Chapter 24: Confession

Start from the beginning

"Good, good..." She trailed, ignoring my question. "Have you eaten breakfast yet?"

"I'm in the middle of eating it right now." I told her. I started to feel light headed. I forced myself to smile and allowed the adults to enter. I sat down at the couch in the living room, where the adults settled themselves. "Would you like some tea or water?"

"I can get myself a water." Jaemin's mom smiled. "I would hate it for you to pretend as if nothing is happening."

"It's fine." I insisted. "I can go get the water for you. Would you like one as well, sir?"

"Yes, please." Jaemin's dad smiled. "Your choice on hot or cold."

"Mom?" I asked, getting up to get the water.

"I'm fine." My mom said. "Are you?"

"I'm fine." I told her, going to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and grabbed three waters. I felt myself starting to gag, and I grabbed onto the kitchen counter. Once I stopped, I grabbed one of the waters and started to chug. It helped slightly, and I sighed in relief.

"Is everything alright over there?" I heard Jaemin's mom call out.

"Yes, ma'am." I answered, grabbing the two waters and going back to the living room. I handed the waters out and sat down.

"So, we can't just say that we haven't the heard the news." Jaemin's dad started. "I understand why you didn't inform us in the first place. I would've..."

The noises started to blend in together. Slowly, the noises started to drown themselves out. I couldn't focus on one thing and I felt shivers going down my back. The last thing I saw was my mom coming towards me before I passed out.

"Are you okay?" I woke up to my mom's face towering over me. I was in Jaemin's room in the apartment, laying in the bed.

"Yeah, why?" I asked, propping myself up.

"You passed out earlier." My mom said. "You have a fever too."

"Where are Jaemin's parents?" I asked.

"They left to give you some space." My mom stroked my hair. "I just want to say that you are a brave girl. It's not easy to know that someone you know, especially someone you have grown closer to over time, is kidnapped, for two days even. You've been strong these past couple of days. It's okay to cry."

"No, it's fine." I said, getting up. "I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" My mom asked, looking into my eyes. I nodded. She smiled and gave me a kiss on my head. "I unlocked your phone, your password is too easy, and told your friends. That's also why your phone is blowing up right now."

"Mom!" I complained. "Why did you tell them?"

"Well, the name for the group chat was cute, and they were talking about Jaemin." My mom admitted. "I couldn't help but tell them because they seemed so caring."

"Please tell me you didn't text them the address." I whined.

"I didn't." My mom laughed. "They created a carpool method."

"What?" I exclaimed. "They're coming over?!"

"Apparently, Jaemin has invited a few of his friends over her before and your friends are coming with his friends." My mom smiled. She set up a bed table and put a bowl of soup on top of it. "Now, last I checked, you were able to make ramen the last time you had a fever. I'm pretty sure you can feed yourself. I'll be cleaning the apartment if you need anything."