Chapter 18: Extra Protection

Comenzar desde el principio

"We do the same." I told her. "It's just that we wouldn't want to leave someone out of dance practice. However, school drama is a different story."

"I guess." She smiled. We began to walk down the street where most of the bushes and trees were coming out from the backyards of the houses. A guy in a suit brushed by me and I looked at him in surprise.

"Sorry." He muttered before hastily walking past me.

"What was that all about?" I asked. Jieun shrugged and we continued on the path.

YO! IT'S RENJUN! I LEARNED HOW TO DO THIS FROM—OH CRAP HERE HE COMES. I looked down at my phone to see Renjun calling. I saw Jieun holding in her laughter from Renjun's ringtone. I shook my head and answered.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Bad news." Renjun whispered. "Hyojoo didn't show up to detention."

"What do you mean?" I asked him, confused at how she didn't show up.

"I think she might've skipped to follow—"

"LET GO OF ME!" I turned around to see the same man that brushed by me as well as another man grabbing both of Hyojoo's arms and dragging her away. I saw them talking to her before she screamed again. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CAN'T BE IN THIS AREA? ISN'T THIS A FREE AREA TO BE IN?"

I made eye contact with Hyojoo and regretted it. She broke free from the mens' grasp and began running towards me. I quickly tugged Jieun's arm and ran as fast as I could from Hyojoo. I couldn't risk letting go of Jieun in case she got hurt.

While running, I began to notice the difference in speed that we had. Jieun wasn't athletic, so her speed was considerably slow. An idea popped in my head as I began to pull her in closer. Once she was close enough, I slowed down slightly, enough to where it was fast enough to escape Hyojoo yet slow enough to have a set foundation and picked Jieun up like a baby.

Jieun was surprised and the plan in my head didn't go as well as planned. I still managed to pick her up, but one of her legs was dangling while her bag was the only secure holding that I had. I began to pick up the pace and ran towards the closest convenience store.

Once we got to the store, I quickly placed Jieun in a chair, grabbed a pair of sunglasses out of my bag as well as a baseball cap and placed it on Jieun. I then ran inside of the store and pulled out another baseball cap and pretended to be looking for something.

"Hello!" The cashier called out. I looked over to see Mark working the stand. "Yo, Jaemin!"

"Shh!" I hunched my back, picked out something random and placed it on the register. "Hyojoo's out there somewhere, and I need to hide."

"Is that all?" Mark asked, winking at me. I looked at the item I grabbed: a pack of tampons. I tensed up as soon as I heard the bell ring as someone entered. "Hello!" Mark chimed.

"Hey, Mark." I sighed in relief when I recognized the voice behind me. "Jaemin, I think you need to change your item."

"I was going to get to that." I blushed in embarrassment.

I grabbed the box of tampons from the register and placed it back on the shelf. I went over to the snacks section and got a load of snacks. I placed them on the register and pulled out my wallet to pay. I saw that Jieun had a plastic bag from a purchase she made while I was spending my sweet time picking out the best snacks the store had to offer.

Once I paid for the snacks, I took a hold of Jieun's hand and walked out with her. We noticed the guy from before beginning to approach us. Instinctively, I pulled Jieun closer towards me and slightly behind me. The guy smiled at my action before stopping in front of us and bowing politely.