Chapter 14: Preparation

Start from the beginning

The sunlight blinded me as I tried to move from my position. There was an arm on top of me, preventing me from moving. I tried to open my eyes, but the sun's light hit me square in the eye. I buried my face in the object in front of me, only to feel it moving slightly, as if it were breathing.

"Five more minutes..." I heard them mumble. My eyes shot open and I looked up to see Jaemin's face. My eyes widened as I realized what was happening.

"Jaemin," I spoke. "Wake up."

"I don't want to." Jaemin pouted cutely. His eyes were still closed, and he pulled me in for a tighter hug. "You can't make me."

"If I told you that you were hugging me and that I was suffocating, would that help?" I said. His eyes shot open and looked down to notice that I was there. He immediately released me, a few choice words leaving his mouth.

"Shit!" Jeamin muttered. "Fuck, I didn't mean to." I laughed at his response. He was on the other side of the bed, a blanket was covering his body that was fully clothed.

"I thought you were the one who was against the use of curse words?" I raised my eyebrows, holding back my smile.

"Look, I don't want the young one to hear." He admitted. "And besides, it's just us two."

"Jisung is in his last year of middle school," I pointed out. "He's bound to learn about curse words. Heck, I started cussing around 7th grade before I realized that my parents were aware and I put on a filter."

"Then I'm going to assume that your filter is on all day?" Jaemin asked. I nodded.

"Twenty-four seven." I told him. "You never know when your parents decide to send someone to stalk you and report to them about every little detail."

"Your parents send stalkers after you?" Jaemin looked at me in surprise. "Isn't it unsettling?"

"Sometimes." I admitted. "But they're typically bodyguards who I grew up with for most of my life. At this point, they care about my safety as much as my parents do."

"If you're sure..." Jaemin pulled out his phone. "Well, uh, we have around four more hours before we have to meet our parents at the restaurant for your birthday."

"Four hours?!" I asked, surprised at the limited time limit. I jumped out of the bed only to find that I was still in my school uniform. "Why the fuck am I still in my school uniform?"

"We had dinner with the crew, then we came back here and you fell asleep while watching the drama." Jaemin filled me in. "I carried you here, but I guess I passed out as well?"

"Well, we need to fucking hurry or else we're going to be late." I said, the stress causing my filter to crack. "And I do not want to be late to something that my mom planned."

"Good idea." Jaemin said, getting out of the bed and opening up his closet. During one weekend where we had no homework, we decided to reorganize his closet again and made it so that it could fit both of our clothes. "I can change outside of the room, you can change in here. Just tell me when you're done."

"Okay," I nodded as he walked out of the room, shutting the door.

I walked over to the closet and began to sort through my vast collection of 2 dresses: one for a casual outing and one for a night out. I sighed as I chose the darker dress and a white cardigan. I stripped off my uniform and tossed on the dress. I walked over to the drawers outside of the closet and chose a pair of shorts to slip under my dress. Once I put on my shorts, I chose a pair of no-show socks and slipped them on. I walked back to the door to tell Jaemin to come in.