Chapter 11: Tests, Tests, and More Tests

Start from the beginning

"Isn't that why you're taking the class?" Jungwoo asked, looking at her as if she was dumb.

"The problem is that the questions had no vocabulary that we learned, so we were literally taking a stab in the dark." Jinyoung said. "Like how am I supposed to know the definition of the word that I never studied or seen before?"

"You study the vocab list you were given and study the previous vocab?" Jungwoo said, giving the face that Jinyoung was dumb.

"Well, excuse me." Jinyoung said. "How about you take her class and see how hard it is?"

"I will!" Jungwoo said.

"That's a fat bet!" She said, chomping down on a carrot stick.

"Guys," I tried to calm them down, noticing the eyes beginning to turn towards us. "You're causing a scene."

"Oh, we're causing a scene?!" Jinyoung and Jungwoo turned towards me. They finally noticed the onlookers of the crowd.

"Yeah..." I nodded, putting a spoonful of rice in my mouth. "Maybe you should calm down?"

"I guess so..." Jinyoung said, slowly descending to sit down. "But I'm telling you, that test was hard."

"I guess I made the right decision to choose English." Jungwoo shrugged.

"Man, I wish I could've taken that class instead!" Jinyoung whined. "I heard that it was such an easy class!"

"It's not as easy as people make it seem." Jungwoo pointed out. "The people who say that English is easy are the same people who are at least half fluent in the language."

"Are you pretty much implying Mark?" I asked, pointing at the upper classman.

"No..." Jungwoo trailed off. "I was talking about..." He paused. "My older friend, Johnny!"

"You were talking about Mark." I teased.

"Hey!" He said. "Respect your elders!"

"You have to admit it's true~" Jinyoung said. "I mean let's be honest, Mark is a junior in a freshman's body."

"OK, I admit it, he looks really cute, but that doesn't mean I like him!" Jungwoo said. "My heart belongs with Lucas!"

"But Lucas is taken." I pointed out. Jinyoung brought her finger to her mouth.

"Shh!" She shushed me. "We aren't supposed to reveal that to him."

"Don't act like I'm dumb!" Jungwoo complained. "I know he's taken, but he's like, my soulmate!"

"Aww," Jinyoung cooed. "I like this Jungwoo better than the other one."

"What do you mean?" He asked. "I'm still the best regardless."

"Nah, I think I'm better than you." Jinyoung did a hair-flip, flicking some of it in Jungwoo's face.

"Pft," Jungwoo tried to spit out Jinyoung's hair that got caught in his sandwich, midbite. "You should look at where you're flipping your hair."

"Whatever," Jinyoung rolled her eyes. "You would do the exact same to me."

"You right," Jungwoo nodded. "You right."

"Can we not try to blatantly flirt in front of me?" I complained.

"What do you mean 'flirt'?" Jinyoung asked. "Jungwoo's more interested in guys."

"Says who?" Jungwoo asked.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Jinyoung smiled. "It kind of slipped out of my mouth."

"But then again, everything apparently slips out of your control." Jungwoo said, smirking at Jinyoung.

"We do not need to talk about then." Jinyoung's face went red.

"About when?" I asked.

"About the time when she was getting her boba tea, she dropped it the minute she got it from the waiter." Jungwoo answered.

"So, you two went out for boba tea without me?" I asked, placing my hand over my chest. "I feel betrayed!"

"This was when you said that you had family arrangements so you couldn't come with us to the amusement park." Jinyoung said.

"Dang, did I really missed that much?" I asked.

"Not really." Jinyoung shrugged. "Other than the fact that Lucas and Jungwoo managed to get on stage and perform the full song of 'Love is an Open Door' at the Disney showcase that the amusement park had. I still can't believe that they took people from the audience to perform."

"Hey, we did amazing!" Jungwoo said. "Would you like an encore?"

"No!" Both Jinyoung and I screamed.

"I think we're good." I said. "I would also prefer to see it through a video."

"Dang, I didn't get anyone to record it though." Jungwoo said.

"Thank god!" Jinyoung cried out. "I don't think anyone should ever see that, ever."

"What do you mean?" Jungwoo asked. "I say it was amazing!"

"Keep dreaming, sweetheart," Jinyoung shook her head. "Keep dreaming."

"Has she posted the grade yet?" I asked Jaemin once I entered inside the apartment.

"Not yet." He said, showing me his phone. "I don't think she will until everyone's finished."

"Well, then." I pouted. "Do you just want to go out to eat since it's a Friday?"

"It's already Friday?" Jaemin asked.

"Yeah," I answered him.

"Well, where do you want to go to eat?" He asked. "There's a ton of restaurants nearby and we've been stressed out for a while."

"How about we eat a Chinese place?" I asked. "Or we could eat a ramen place."

"How about we look up a restaurant on google maps and see where it takes us?" Jaemin said. He pulled out his keys. "I just recently got my permit too."

"I'm aware." I laughed. "I was with you when you went to get it."

"That's right!" Jaemin pointed at me. "You were the only person there because my friends were being butts and wanted to stay home."

"You bet!" I made a failed attempt at winking. He laughed while pulling out his phone to check. I hovered over him. And saw it point out a nearby restaurant. Jaemin positioned the phone so I could see it better.

"Do you want to go there?" It was an Italian restaurant.

"Sure." I nodded. "I am craving for a piece of garlic bread."

"Just garlic bread?" Jaemin asked, turning towards me. "You don't want any pasta or lasagna?"

"I mean, I would be down to have that, but for now, I want garlic bread." I answered.

"Alright, then." Jaemin shrugged, grabbing his wallet from the countertop. "Let's go."

I followed him out of the door and into the elevator down the hall. We left the elevator and walked into his car from the building. He started his car and drove out of the parking garage. It was a quiet drive because Jaemin refused to put on the radio, nor would he begin a conversation. We arrived at the Italian restaurant in peace and got out of the car.

"Sorry about the quiet trip." Jaemin said shyly. "I tend to drive in peace because it's more comfortable."

"That's understandable." I told him. "I mean, I would want to have a peaceful drive on the way to a place."

"Well, would you like to accompany me in our fine dining tonight?" Jaemin held out his arm for me to hold. I laughed and took it.

"Yes, kind sir." I replied. He smiled and we walked into the restaurant together.

so for those of you that got updates yesterday, that was me fixing a few things on the already published chapters. sorry for getting ur hopes up <3