Chapter 6: Facetime

Mulai dari awal

"Hi." I awkwardly said.

"What's wrong?" He sat down next to me and propped my foot up.

"I tripped over something and felt pain in my foot." I told him. He examined the foot before pressing lightly on it. When he pressed down on the area it hurt, I screamed.

"Well, it seems to me that you sprained your ankle." He said. He pulled out his first aid kit and began to wrap the foot in bandages. "Make sure to regularly change your bandages and apply ice on it. It's good that you own a pair of crutches. Don't use your foot until I check up on it in a few days from now."

"Yes, sir." I said.

"Good," he got up. "Do you guys have any food I can eat? I've had back to back patients, not to mention a huge surgery today. I'm starving."

"Yeah," I pointed at the leftover food. "You can have that."

"Thanks!" The doctor said and began to scarf down the food. After twenty minutes of him eating, he got up again. "Thanks again for the meal. I have to hurry back to the hospital. Remember, apply ice and change the bandages regularly!" He ran out of the apartment leaving no food behind.

"Well, that was something." I muttered.

I got up on my crutches and hobbled over to the kitchen. I searched through Jaemin's kitchen drawers and found no Ziploc bag. I searched through the cabinets and found only one box of Ziploc bags. I took the box out and reached in to get a bag. To my surprise, it was empty.

I grumbled in frustration before opening the freezer. Again, to my surprise, I found a small section dedicated for ice packs. Sighing in relief, I grabbed one and hobbled over to the living room. I sat down on one of the couches and laid my foot out. I put the ice pack on in the foot and took out my phone.

I noticed that there were a few missed calls from Kiseok. I texted him.

Me
What's wrong?

Kiseok 😘
I miiiisssss uuuuuu

Me
I was so scared for a sec there

Me
I thought u had an emergency

Kiseok 😘
I do

Me

What?

Kiseok 😘
I haven't seen ur face in ages~

Kiseok 😘
Facetime?

Me
Yeah, just give me a quick moment

I saw Jaemin walk out from his room. He noticed my set up.

"Oh, so is everything alright?" He asked.

"Yeah, I just have to ice my ankle and change my bandages." I told him. "Can you help me into your room. I need to facetime Kiseok."

"Yeah." He helped me up and handed me my cructches. I positioned them into a comfortable position. I moved myself inside Jaemin's room and positioned myself on his bed. I laid out my foot and Jaemin placed the ice pack on my foot. "Call me if you need anything."

"Thank you." I said. He smiled before closing the door. I turned on my phone and called Kiseok. After a few seconds, his face appeared. "Hey!"

"How are you~?" Kiseok puckered his lips.

"Not doing so well." I responded. "But now that I see you, I'm doing much better!"

"What happened?" He asked.

"I sprained my ankle while reorganizing my room." I told him.

"Let me see!" Kiseok said.

"No!" I responded. "My foot's ugly and the lighting sucks."