Chapter Three: Party

The school year had just kicked off in early September, Homecoming already around the corner, but tonight the kids were focused on one thing and one thing only, Nick Millers party. His father was an extremely wealthy man, I suppose the FBI does that for you, because of this job his dad was also regularly out of town, which resorted in a party of some sorts.

"Sooooo, Clarke who are you thinking of asking to homecoming?!"

"Come on Octavia, you know that's not really my thing!"

"Well who's says it can't be this year Clarkey! We're juniors! You have to come, Monty's taking Harper, Lincoln's taking O, I'm taking Maya, so that just leaves you, Bellamy, and John." Jasper said, curious as to who Clarke would want to go with.

Like Raven said, the entire group, including her father and the trangladesh language teacher, Mr. Roan, had made bets on who would move in first. Raven was the only one who really believed Murphy would, but truth be told, everyone really wanted it to be Murphy. He was an underdog, most of them related to that. They knew how much he truly loved and cared about Clarke and knew she'd just been blindsided but how much she liked Bellamy.

Not that Bellamy didn't love and care for Clarke just as much as Murphy, because he did, but he would leave for college soon and was terrible with commitment. A known player. Two very different choices for the future. At the end of the day, the group knew she'd be loved by both of them and none of the rest mattered as long as Clarke was happy, they just didn't want her to get into a relationship with Bellamy and realize maybe John was the one.

Clarke pondered over what Jasper had said for a moment, only Murphy and Bellamy without a date? Why was she overthinking? Why was she debating between the two? The second guessing started over the summer. The group spent two weeks at the beach, at Jaspers parents beach house. Lincoln and Octavia were walking the beach, Bellamy had fallen fast asleep, Monty and Clarke were collecting seashells, and John had helped a very drunk Jasper to bed. Eventually everyone had gone off except Clarke and Murphy. They both had a habit of getting lost in the moment. Just gazing and thinking. The little things. They ended up talking all night, which wasn't unusual, Clarke fell asleep on Murphy's shoulder, and when she woke up he was smiling at her and for a second she felt something, something she never noticed but felt as if it'd been there a long time.

Murphy's feelings for Clarke had always been there, over the years they grew. Freshmen year Murphy had his heart broken by a girl named Emori, soon after he was comforted but Clarke and that's when he realized who he really loved and the love and care he deserved. He didn't want it from anyone but Clarke.