Prolouge

not edited

⚠️ WARNING: I created this in 2018, it will be cringy. May this be your first and only warning.

Ever since you were a little girl... You had an estranged brother.

Your brother was so very secretive and silent around others. However, you knew better, you knew that if you two were ever alone...

Things got messy.

Your parents would always try and tell you not to mind it, despite them seeing all the bloody scratch marks on your arms and wrists. All the bruises around your lower stomach and legs. The marks that were made to your face.

They told you to bare with it for a little longer as your little brother tries and get the help he needs. That was your childhood, one filled with the pain from the random outbursts your brother would direct towards you.

You had to admit, you were scared of him as a child. You didn't know what triggered his angry outbursts. You didn't know what you had done that made him so pissed and so willing to hit you and even throw objects at your head.

This continued on until the end of your middle school year when your brother finally moved out of the home. You would always remember his desperate pleas to stay with you and your parents.
•••

"STOP! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Your brother screams as your relatives pulls him away, holding him by his shoulders. They were leading him towards a black car, one that you didn't recognize and one that you didn't know was heading.

Your mom and dad held your shoulders tightly, hearing your mother's light sobs as she watched her little boy being taken away. Your father on the other hand had his head turned away, his entire body shivering as you could tell he didn't want his son to be taken either.

You, however, remembered that you felt nothing in your body. Your eyes were dull, the boy who lived under the same roof, even shared the same bed as you was screaming, kicking, angrily crying, and trying to escape from your relative's grasps, but you felt nothing.

You had even played the role of parent for most of his life since your own were always busy. Trying to pay for psychotherapy, anger management classes, a special school, and medicine for him as they worked insane shifts.

Throughout your life, you were always the second child, despite being their first.

You hate to admit it, but you somewhat loathe your younger sibling. He took everything away from you. Your parents love, your childhood, your belongings, a bit of your sanity, everything.

But not anymore.

You stared at your screaming brother straight into his sobbing, red eyes, he looked back as he finally held a hand out for one more desperate attempt.

"Y... Y/N" He whispered your name as you flinched.

You looked at him for one more second before turning around and hugging both of your parents.

You didn't know what look was on his face anymore when you did that. And from that day on... you haven't felt so much anguish and remorse for your inability to act that day.

You knew he was suffering from a disorder. A horrible one at that. Yet you turned a blind eye.

You had never forgiven yourself after that.