KamiDeku: Monopoly

(THIS WORK HAS BEEN EDITED)

Pairing: Kaminari Denki X Midoriya Izuku (M/M)
Alternate Universe: No
Quirks: Yes
Words: 5,817

Monopoly had never been so intense.

It started out fun and innocent with Uraraka pulling the game out from under her dorm bed, claiming she'd owned the game for years, but had never had enough friends or the right opportunity to play it.

And Kaminari thought it would be hella fun. He hadn't played that game since he was in middle school and with his odd bunch of friends, it would be crazy entertaining. So far, in the running's was him, Uraraka, and Tsuyu―them having been gathered in a joint study group before the board game was suggested―but three was not nearly enough to generate the drawn out, exciting game of Monopoly Kaminari had in mind, so he quickly scurried off on his own to fetch a few more players.

Bakugou, as expected, when confronted spat, "Hell no! Why would I want to waste my time playing a fucking board game?" Kaminari shook his head and looked over to Kirishima, who was lounging with the blonde in his oddly decorated, "manly" dorm, silently begging him to talk Bakugou into playing.

Kirishima seemed to catch his gist and held up a big thumbs-up, exclaiming, "Monopoly? I'm in! Haven't played that since my first year of junior high," He then worked his magic and turned to Bakugou, excitedly stating, "Bakugou, you should come! It'll be fun!"

Without seemingly much thought, the spiky blonde shrugged, a tight frown on his lips, and muttered, "I mean, I fucking guess."

Kaminari sometimes swore Kirishima practiced witchcraft. How else would he have tamed someone as temperamental and stubborn as Bakugou Katsuki?

"Great!" he yapped, pumping a fist in the air, getting more and more excited over the idea of playing a competitive―but of course still fun―game of Monopoly with all his favorite-est classmates. "Uraraka's dorm, I'll meet you guys there, gotta ask some others if they wanna join."

They complied, wasting no time in peeling themselves off the floor and flipping off the lights, playfully arguing as they started down the 4th floor hall.

Kaminari's next stop was to grab Mina, his fun-loving, acid-shooting, bestie. He gave her door three identical knocks, teetering on his heels as he waited for her to peek her head out, but was surprisingly met with silence. He fished his phone from his pajama pants pocket and checked the time. Mina was usually a night owl, but... she had been studying really hard the past few days, desperate to bring her grade up and not get expelled by their harsh homeroom teacher. It was already 8:00, kinda late to start a Monopoly game, so he tiptoed away, figuring it would be best to just let her sleep.

He didn't even bother treading to Sero's dorm to fetch him, guy was only a text away. Kaminari leaned against the wall of the floor hallway, tapping away at his phone, preparing a long message, explaining the game plan, dozens of emojis peppering the poorly spelled text. He bounced on his heels, phone clenched in hands and hyper spilling from his ears, as he waited impatiently for Sero to reply. Hanta was fun and sure-fire way to bring the game of Monopoly Kaminari was so pumped for even more to life.

But his face had to fall when he received the reply, only two words long, 'cant, studying.'

"Aw crap..." Kaminari let out in defeat, turning back down the hall, his shoulders somewhat slumped. It really sucked that Sero was off being a good  little student, studying hard rather than tossing his textbooks over his shoulder and joining his friends for a game of Monopoly.