Chapter One StarFire

I muttered to myself as I ducked under bottles dangling from the ceiling. I poked my head out of my tent to look at the sky. It had turned a shade of majestic purple.

"It's time!" I squealed ducking inside. I fumbled through shelves looking for an empty jar. "Ah-ha!" I cried triumphantly as I found one. I clutched it in my sweaty palms as I dashed outside. I had been working on my spell for weeks, and all I needed was one more ingredient. Just one. My eyes frantically fatted around looking for a sign. Suddenly, a spark of silver glitter streaked across the sky.

"It's happening!" I shrieked running in circles. Tiny glowing dots started to fall from the sky. "Stars," I breathed. Stars were falling from the sky! "Right on time." I whispered. They trailed bright sparks behind them. I was looking for one particular star. "There!" I shouted for no reason as I spotted it. It was larger than the other stars, and shimmered a wild shade of purple. It gained speed as it sped towards earth. I gasped and ran to take cover behind the nearest tree. A huge boom of sound roared, and a flash of bright light followed. I slowly crept out from behind the tree. There was a huge ring of burned grass and a cloud of smoke. As the smoke cleared, I marveled at a plant that was growing where the star had landed. It's sparkling leaves curled toward the sky, and a diamond like blossom glowed in the center of the tangled leaves.

"It's the StarFire." I breathed.