c h a p t e r n i n e

delilah quickly began to panic

delilah quickly began to panic. stan had gone, they had to find him and fast. they followed the tunnel whilst calling out for him, trying desperately to find him.

suddenly there was a scream and the group ran in the same direction the scream came from. there stan was, just lying there. there was a strange figure on top of him and she seemed to be eating his face. delilah didn't know what to do. her hands flew over her mouth in shock.

eventually the figure retreated back and a clown face appeared, scaring all of the losers. delilah quickly realised stan was one hundred times more scared than she was right now and she quickly ran to him, followed by the rest of the losers.

he quickly jolted up into a sitting position. stanley screamed and screamed and delilah felt particularly to blame for what and just happened. perhaps if she didn't turn all her attention to what was happening with mike then this wouldn't have happened to stanley.

"you left me! you took me into neibolt!" stanley screamed, delilah knew his words were coming from fear, but they still hurt and made her feel guilty. "you're not my friends! you made me go into neibolt!"

stanley had tears streaming down his face, mixing with the blood. eddie was also crying feeling nothing but guilt. delilah has tears slowly descending down her cheeks and richie  quickly noticed. he placed his hand on top of delilah's and squeezed as delilah noticed she looked towards her hand and then to richie's face, finding him staring at her.

quickly her attention was withdrawn from richie and towards bill, who was making his way down the same tunnel the strange woman and clown disappeared down. delilah quickly followed.

bill was no where to be seen in the room that the tunnel lead to and delilah was on her own. the losers were way behind her as she had ran so fast.

delilah looked up and took in her surroundings, noticing beverly as she did.

"beverly!" delilah screamed, as tears rolled down her face. "beverly, please!"

there was no signs of life in beverly as delilah shouted towards her and at this point delilah was sat on the ground crying and screaming. she thought the worst. beverly had to be dead, she had to be like the missing kids, she was in the air with them.

meanwhile, still in the tunnel, the losers heard delilah's cries and they ran towards her, richie leading the way.

richie ran straight towards delilah and picked her up off the floor whilst whispering nothing but comforting words in her ear. the others concentrated on trying to retrieve beverly from the air.

they finally did and ben tried his hardest to try and wake her up. delilah was still thinking the worst- that beverly was dead, like all the other kids.

"why isn't she waking up?" ben screamed as he shook her. "what's wrong with her? beverly, please!"

delilah thought that her fears were being confirmed, until ben kissed beverly and her eyes flickered open. delilah gasped as beverly took in a sharp breath.

"oh my god! bev!" no one had a chance to say anything before delilah wrapped her arms around beverly and beverly reciprocated delilah's affection.

when delilah and beverly let go of each other beverly looked at ben and whispered, "january embers."

ben responded with "my heart burns there too."

delilah was extremely confused. she didn't know what ben or beverly were saying to each other and she certainly didn't understand it. she looked to richie with a confused look just to find that he also had the same look on his face.

there was silence after ben and beverly finished speaking but richie quickly broke it. "jesus, fuck!" richie exclaimed before pulling ben and beverly in for a hug as the others joined.

there was a moment of peace before eddie broke the hug and noticed that bill was standing on the other side of the room. he seemed to be speaking to someone, or something. as they got closer, delilah squinted and thought the figure she saw was georgie.

delilah's heart broke as she heard bill and georgie speak to one another, but deep down she knew that it wasn't really georgie, georgie was dead. the last thing delilah expected to happen, was bill shooting the figure of georgie in the head, but that was exactly what happened.

the group took a step back and just watched the body lie there. all of a sudden the body started to shake and screams came out of it's mouth.

delilah jumped back and grasped onto richie's arm, wanting nothing more than for him to just be near her. her other hand covered her mouth in horror as the group watched what was georgie's body start to mutate.

eventually, delilah and the rest of the group noticed what the body was turning into, it.