A Change of Fate

The concert lasted two hours.

But it felt longer, or shorter. I don't really know. All I know is that today is the best night of my life, and the best part was yet to come.

"THANK YOU, LONDON!!!" Calum shouted over the mic as they walked off stage. The crowd roared in response. As 5 Seconds of Summer left the stage, I swear I saw Luke look at me for a second. I waved it off, I mean, Why would he look at me? He was probably just looking at the crowd or something.

I looked to the right and saw the entrance backstage. My heart beat fast, should I go now? I turned around to look at Jess, but I couldn't find her in the sea of fans. I took a deep breath and walked through the crowd of screaming fangirls, heading in the direction of the backstage entrance. A burly bodyguard stood there.

"No access to fans." he said in a gruff voice. I held up my Meet & Greet pass, a little scared to speak. He grunted, accepting the pass and handing me a tag. I breathed a sigh of relief, and walked pass him, entering backstage. I looked around, 4 phones were scattered on the couch. A TV remote was on the shelf, and a random t-shirt was draped over one of the armrests.

Suddenly, I heard voices and the sound of footsteps. Out of instinct, I ducked behind a clothes rack, scared of who was there. Of course, it was none other than 5SOS, but I was afraid of what they would think of me. "I think there's someone behind the rack." I heard Ashton whisper. I peeked out, but Michael saw me before I could hide again. "Hey there!" he said, waving. "Do you have a Meet & Greet pass?" Luke asked. I nodded. He was staring at me like I was some kind of mutant. "Do we look that bad?" he joked.

"Um, n-no." I stammered. "Well, hello and hi!" Calum exclaimed, embracing me into hug. It was really hard not to go stiff, but I tried really hard to act natural. "I just wanted to say something," I blurted out before I could stop myself. They all looked at me expectedly. I took a deep breath.

"Well, I know I shouldn't be saying this, but it's just so sad to be here right now. I mean, sure, I'm happy, but I'm really sad too. At every concert, every meet & Greet, fans will remember it for the rest of their lives. And yet, you guys will just move on to the next concert or fan. And it just pains me. We know you love us, but I think you should show it more." I said, without thinking. They all gaped at me, "I-i'm so sorry...i-i shouldn't have...I should just go..." I mumbled, but Luke grabbed my arm.

"No, you're right." he said, "We don't pay enough attention to you fans. You dedicate your whole life to us, and this isn't a good way to repay you." He was kneeling slightly now, so he was at eye level with me. In the distance, I heard someone shout, "C'mon mates, let's go!" But Luke just motioned for the others to go first.

"Can I have your phone?" he asked. I nodded and handed it to him. "Oh, a Blackberry! I have one too." and then he started furiously typing on the phone. I frowned, What was he doing? "Here," he said finally, handing my phone back to me. "This is my gift to you." I looked at the phone and my jaw dropped to the floor. On the screen it said:

+61 (xxx)-(xxxx)

Here's my phone number :)

Tears sprang to my eyes, and I quickly wiped it away. But more kept coming. "Luke, i-i can't accept this. It's too mu-" I started, but he cut me off. "Yes, you can. You deserve it, for reminding us what we have been doing. "

"I will try my best to remember every fan I meet, but if I can't remember them, i'll make it my mission to remember you. You are special, okay? You can call me anytime, whenever your sad and down."

I felt like melting into a puddle, and whatever words I was going to say died in my throat. So I just closed my eyes and hugged him. Thank you, I said in my mind. Thank you thank you thank you.

And I knew that, that was the best day of my life.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya ppl! That was chapter 2!! The plot really kicks off now ^ ^ First of all, big shoutout to Niqhtmares, who gave me the idea and inspiration for this story. And i'd also like to thank you for reading this story!! If you know anyone who likes 5SOS, please recommend this to them :) Thank you, and have good day! :D